A+ Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
k guys, i found the website where i can schedule an exam, just for reference its www.prometric.com. anwyayz. i have a few questions

1) should i take the Core hardware or OS, or both exams?

2) What is the best study guide for these exams, i dunno which to pick.

3) is it hard?

You need both Hardware and OS to be A+ certified. No it's not hard at all. Any A+ certification book should prepare you pretty well.

You can choose to take both exam at once, which IMO would be better and would save you money from taking it seprately.

My advice to you is pick up a good hard cover A+ Cert. guide. Read it like a novel. Do as many pratice tests to get an idea of where you stand.

Make sure you pay extra attention to older/historical hardware. Like early processors from the start. Try to memorize all of them and what socket they belong too. Memorize all types of ram.

Do some extra studying on Printers... Make sure yu know how they work insde and out. Spend a little extra time on networking.

Study DOS prompts and CMD prompts.

Don't take the real test until you can pass at least 10 practice tests in a row. The only reason i'm saying this is because it's pretty expensive to fail.

I just bought a study guide myself. It looks pretty tricky to me, in that there is alot of OLD stuff to learn about.

However, I think for the technically minded people like us forum-goers, I think it is more a case of memorising, rather than having to understand it first.

yeah, i tried some tests online, and i havent even touched a book yet, and i failed by %10, but if i read a book on A+, them im sure i can pass with flying colours. what is the passing grade anywayz? %50?

well, it gives me recognition, i have never had a job and want to work, so wat better way to get an ez a55 job in future shop or bestbuy, then to be A+ certified.

i am going to try and persuade my parents to fund me though CCNA as well. now THAT looks hard.

I took A+ Core Hardware and OS Technologies as a Sophomore in high school as a independant study I found it difficult. Start with Core Hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom