A+ Cert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Any A+ Certified guys here? I'm gonna be taking the core side of the test here pretty soon. Got any pointers? :)

yea, learn your irq's lol. And just for the **** of it, buy a testking if you arent feeling too confident about the test

jseber1982 said:
yea, learn your irq's lol. And just for the **** of it, buy a testking if you arent feeling too confident about the test

I've been hitting the IRQ'S pretty hard, so that shouldnt be a problem. :)

What's this 'testking' you speak of? :)

testkings are exam crams"cough the exact same questions as the exam"cough.

lol, read an memorize. Lots of people do it. I dont really recommend it, i just said it because there are a lot of people who do it. The way i see it,, if you are gunna pay 300 bucks to take an exam(hardware and core),, you better make sure you pass.

Only thing i hate about A+ is that they expect you to know stuff about pcs from when you were like 5 years old lol,, technology that hasnt even been used in a long *** time. Like, the socket types of the old pentium pro's,, the bus speed of ISA lol, all that kinda stuff.

jseber1982 said:

lol, read an memorize. Lots of people do it. I dont really recommend it, i just said it because there are a lot of people who do it. The way i see it,, if you are gunna pay 300 bucks to take an exam(hardware and core),, you better make sure you pass.

Only thing i hate about A+ is that they expect you to know stuff about pcs from when you were like 5 years old lol,, technology that hasnt even been used in a long *** time. Like, the socket types of the old pentium pro's,, the bus speed of ISA lol, all that kinda stuff.

Yeah, that's my one complaint so far. Having to learn about the old a** stuff that I will more than likely NEVER run into, but I understand why it's important to know it.

Your right about the $300. I have no intentions of plopping that kind of cash down only to fail and do it again. LOL

I won't resort to the 'testking' unless I see no hope of passing. LOL

Thanks for the help.

jseber1982 said:

5 year old technology is still in wide use across the world, Why? Because its expensive to upgrade....

I Passed the Hardware with a 781, just go over many practice tests and quizs and youll do fine...

Learn everything there is to know about printers. My A+ Cert Test was loaded with Printer questions.

Also, make sure you have a solid knowledge of "OLD" PC technology, they ask a ton of question sbaout nearly outdated stuff. Which I was pretty suprised about.

Yeah, that's my one complaint so far. Having to learn about the old a** stuff that I will more than likely NEVER run into, but I understand why it's important to know it.

Your right about the $300. I have no intentions of plopping that kind of cash down only to fail and do it again. LOL

I won't resort to the 'testking' unless I see no hope of passing. LOL

Thanks for the help.

Well, remember that if your working for a company that is a contractor or what not, they usually will have out dated computers. For example, we have alot of old P1's here (that I wish we could put to death), as well as blade servers, so its a mixed bag. I didn't bother with my A+, already knew more than enough to pass the exam instead I went for engineering, MCP/MCSA/MCSE and now going either for Cisco certs or Citirix metaframe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom