Which cell provider carries the most exciting phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?!?!?! That is cheap!! Since I'm with Verizon, I guess I'm settling on this one:

Samsung's SCH-U620
Samsung SCH-U620 Review (MobileBurn)

It's the best they had without spending an arm and a leg. Plus, it looks so much cooler than all the other phones at that price. Keep in mind that I have the "New every Two" service so the final price is much cheaper than retail.

The LV VX8350 is the next best choice, but the design sucks and it's flimsy. The screen isn't bright since they took out the OLED screen from the VX8300 (the one I currently have).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Finally got the phone

Like, OMG!!! I got that new Samsung SCH-U620 and it is beautiful. The pictures don't do it justice until you actually have it in your hands. It's small, but has a huge screen! It has a very, very bright display which is good. I certainly hope so too because it's a TV phone. I think this is as good of a display as the OLEDs. Very colorful and the menu is different. Well, it has the Verizon Wireless menus still, but in a more exciting layout. The calls are just as clear. It's almost charged up so I'll be playing with it tons more. My gf says it's cute. OMG, just what I need: someone calling it cute. But I like the slim design. The LG Venus is a giant when it comes to this phone, especially with the slider in the "up" position.

I need to get a carrying case for it. Either that or I'm going to just stick it in my pocket since it's so small.

Quality of video is ok, but the display is a little darker than on my other phone. Probably have to adjust the contrast settings or something.

Yup, i also have a data card too but im gonna shut that off since im not using it now.

I got a 2" qvga screen on my sammy too. In fact, i have the brightness turned all the way down and its still bright, lol. My external display is oled. Its also got a 2mp camera, takes very nice pics outside.

The only thing that sucks is that you can't manually unlock the phone when the slider is down. It lock automatically after a few seconds no matter what, even when you set everything to unlock. I usually don't slide the phone up so when an incoming calls comes in, I prefer to press the send button to answer. Since the phone locks by itself in the down position, I'm forced to unlock it first then answer it. Or I can simply just slide it up and it unlocks by itself. Then slide it back down to talk for ultra portability. Whew, that extra step exhausted me.

The good thing is that if you press the OK button twice in succession, you unlock the phone automatically. Or do it the long way by pressing Unlock and then Ok.

Other than that gripe, it's a really slick looking phone. Haha, I just saw AT&T advertise for their new slidephones too. It looks similar to Samsung's version, but 10x uglier. Too retro for me. Plus, what's the deal with all those lights on their phones? Weird. I like VW version a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom