CD Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
So somehow i luck out and get a wii, get zelda, and my little bros scratch all living **** out of it - not too deep that is beyond repair, but enough so that when i fill the last vessil of light and beat this weird *** bug thing it freezes.

So i was looking at cd repair things, and was going to send it in to http://auraltech.com/ . They seem legit and all, but 6 bucks for one cd, im sure i have more i could fix "while im at it", so i thought why not get something i can do my self..?

http://www.pcworld.com/product/pricing/prtprdid,1805776-sortby,retailer/pricing.html is the next thing, (http://digitalinnovations.com/products.php?id=1&checkCat=1&cat2=1&sub2=2 for the official page). I want to find a "before and after" kind of thing for this machine though.

Any kind of video/guide you can find for this? Thanks

didn't we just have a thread about how toothpaste can remove scratches from CD's?

Why don't you give that a shot.

When wiping, wipe from the center outwards, don't wipe in a circular fashion.

And yeah.....I swear those scratches seem to be in the worst spots. Me and my friend were playing Xenosaga and we saw this scratch on the CD, we joked about how it'll probably be right there when you get the greatest weapon in the game.

Sure enough.......it was. We finally got the best weapon in the game that dealt out 9999 everytime and what happens during the crazy long intro sequence......it freezes up. This particular weapon had about a 10 second little video sequence of it "coming together" (cause it was a big robotic of various pieces) and whatnot, and right after it came together and the robot was about to land and deal damage it'd freeze........ridiculous!

i've tried some other random stuff, toothpaste, hairgel, oil, etc trying to at least juryrig it to make it work past this stupid video clip that i've alreday seen twice but no luck so i've decided im gonna get this thing fixed with some actual tools...

I can't believe they dont have a god dam before and after on their site... i just want to make sure that the scratches arn't too deep... if i run my fingernail over them i can feel them pretty significantly, but it hasn't reached the actual data thankfully

Hey i was checking out Auraltech.com - are they even legit?

I've seen a few people mention them and say "or you can use a professional, one that comes to mind is auraltech" and things like that... but should i trust them with a $45 or w/e it is, game?

I saw somewhere on Yahoo about a machine you can buy, currently around $250, that will reheat the disk and eliminate scratches.
Or you can do like the punks in my town and go rent the same game from Blockbuster and replace your scratched disk with their good one.

lol (at the second part) what dumbasses

I would definatlly consider buying a bigger machine, such as the one your talking about, but for now i just want to play my zelda game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom