cd image question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimli of gloin

In Runtime
hi i know this isnt suppose to go here but i need a quick answer.
my bro downloaded the cd image of a game and i was wondering how i can get it onto a cd if it is like 800mb. i can only find 700mb cd's. wondering if there is a way to turn ISO files into applications or somthing like that. i dont know much about this sort of stuff/ thanx in advamce.
ps: i know its not suppose to be here :(

i think you really have to get a dvd burner dude. If you skim a little off of it it will not play i think.

lol well thre most be something wrong with the file that its trying to burn as a cd very weird never heard of that before, jsut try to trick the dam thing. ;)

grr,
i need a 800mb cd. is there any or more. what type of cds do game manufactures use....can we buy them,
dark sniper are u sure that i should be able to burn a game onto a dvd?

yea, im fiddling around with stuff.
i downloaded alchohol and now it says i dont even have a dvd in the drive. ill work on it

there's several types of cd images guys, just cause its 800mb doesnt mean it wont fit, its likely a bin/cue or mds/mdf format which will be 800mb and it WILL fit on a CDR

iso's for cdr's are 700mb, in bin/cue format it can be bigger, you have to realize the filesystem itself takes up space on the disk as well as the data

this is one of those cases where windows doesnt exactly promote knowledge of whats going on

oh ya, you can take a bin/cue or mdf/mds file and change it to an iso quite easily

if it really is an iso, mount it and then split the file into a couple smaller pieces then burn it as separate files if you have to

if you have alcohol, why not just mount it? sounds like the original disc had dummyfiles on it to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom