Ccna, Ccie, & Mcse

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont need to have a MCSE for CCNA, they are two different beasts all together. Getting them both would help alot though.

Sorta along the same lines... anyone know where to find a decent online chart of the different certifications?

Yeah, Mikesgroovin has about 17-18 certifications. The guy is like a virtual computer/network encyclopedia. He could actually write books on the subjects, he probably should. Probably one of the most intelligent people i've ever met.

What Havok posted.

However do not PM him questions like "What sort of questions do you get in the MCSE, CCNA exam." He gets about 2 of these each day and he hates it.

i have my mcse. You can go to school for a long time to learn the stuff, then tske the tests.. you can do crap books and take the tests.... or you can study testkings and take the tests

Some of the questions on the test are designed to mislead and trick you. Even if you know your $hit, some of the questions are still tough.

My advise, do like me.. go to school, then study the test kings just to make sure you will pass....

oh yea an FYI,, this is a little known secret to most..... The testking practice exams are the actual exams... If you look at a testking practice exam, and then go take the real exam you will see they are the exact questions. Each test king is about 200 questions or so. When you go to take your test, the center will randomly pull like 50 questions from the microsoft pool

MCSE and Cisco exams are 2 totally different professions.

MCSE is for the sysadmin who wants to set up servers, active directory, desktop support.
Cisco exams are for network engineers who want to set up the lan, wan, wiring closets, switches, routers, firewalls(sometimes), wide are connections.

Please dont pm me asking me for the questions on the exam, for 1 i dont really remember. And if you want to see a practice exam, go to testking.

This kind of makes having any cert not really worth anything,, but still. companies require it.

Yeah, I got my MCSE, too. Working on Cisco, and maybe in the future dbase. I've thought of Citrix, cause that is fairly obscure and good pay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom