Cats that look like Hitler....

Status
Not open for further replies.
molsen said:
so is this what off-topic is going to be for now on? someone with nothing better to do but go around and post in the threads saying how useless and pointless they are? get a life man. this is OFF-TOPIC

Off topic FTW.

ncjimn said:
I hate cats

Buuuuuuut..... What about cats that look like Hitler?

b0dge said:
Off topic FTW.

:rolleyes: wow. i bet you think you're really clever.

You know actually the correct usage in that case is "off-topic" because "off" is a modifier of "topic." similar to "the late-arriving guest" (late is modifying arriving) or "my well-informed friend" (well modifies informed).

let's use it together in a sentence.

"I posted in the off-topic forum."

If I had meant that the post itself was off topic, it would be correct to omit the hyphen. However, I was referring to the post's location, which is in the off-topic forum.

Apologies. I'm afraid I have no excuse for my hyphen-based misjudgment.

Hey, can the word "hyphen" be a modifier of the word "based"?

EDIT: And I read your post before you added the sarcastic "Bet you think you're really clever" bit. Had I have read it after the event, my post would have carried with it more sarcasm.

Sarcasm FTW.

Hey, that's punctuation. A totally different subject. Stop being picky.

But what about the cats? Can we please get back to the incredibly important topic of "Cats that look like Hitler"?

Grammar is, undoubtedly, very important, but what about pets that resemble fascists? Is that not a viable conversation peice? Do we really live in a society so overcome with politicalHYPHENcorrectness that we must abandon all talk of the finer things in life? Do we?

"OMGwtfLEETCATS..."

No, because cats are hitler, and hitler is:

emo_hitler_2.jpg

:cool:

ROF.... No, no, that deserves a real sentance;

I am currently rolling on the floor laughing. (Unless you're reading this after I've got up and stopped laughing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom