In case yall havent heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
“If enacted, this legislation will risk fragmenting the Internet's global domain name system (DNS), create an environment of tremendous fear and uncertainty for technological innovation, and seriously harm the credibility of the United States in its role as a steward of key Internet infrastructure,” they warn. “In exchange for this, the bill will introduce censorship that will simultaneously be circumvented by deliberate infringers while hampering innocent parties' ability to communicate.”

Go pioneers of the internet!

I'td be interesting to see actually what would happen if it did pass IMO. I mean REALLY the rest of the world would have to start treating the US like China. Seriously. No routing through any US based hardware, no lookups through any US based hardware, man...not only would the rest of the world suffer and slow down for at least 3-5 years, but the US would definitely be screwed at epic levels.
Even if they retracted the bill, I don't think many would be willing to trust then so fully (if at all)

The only way the rest of the world can cope, is if they agree to a true neutral internet, no one controls it, what so ever. But, that will never happen, someone will want to have control over it.

The question is, how do you get control over 'the internet'? If each country wants control they don't have to play nice. Our current system only works because nearly everyone's ok with it for now. If there were 4 or 5 major countries that couldn't agree over who had total control (like the USA does now) then there'd be chaos. International networking would effectively break down

Well, the way to obtaining control is by controlling the domain name servers, you gain control of them all, then it will cause havok.

Anyways, it would be interesting to watch, but at the same time, DIFFICULT for everyone as a lot of major websites use more than one data center, located in more than one country.

And no, having the IP address is not the cure all to this, due to the fact that anymore, it's almost impossible to navigate a site with it, as the browser is always trying to force you to use the domain name.

Because sites pay for domain names. So if everyone used IPs then those domain holders would lose money and so would the government ;)

I am curious to see the outcome as well, but seriously DO NOT want this to be passed. Not because of the torrent site BS but because of what could come after it. And of course i hate it when America tries being World Police because it makes the whole US population look bad on the governments dime.

I just watched "Team America, World Police" last night.. good times. LMAO.

On Topic - This would inevitably crash the World Wide Web...

I just watched "Team America, World Police" last night.. good times. LMAO.

On Topic - This would inevitably crash the World Wide Web...

Stupid but hilarious movie. I think ima watch it again lol.

And yes, yes it would. Leave it to the US :rolleyes:

And people here wonder why i wanna get out so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom