Cars.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Well my dad keeps asking when do I want to start to learn how to drive and I am going to be 16 in a couple of months and I was wondering what is the first step to buying a car. I will have about 10k that I have accumulated over the years towards one and was guessing to just buy a used one. I like something sporty, like a miata or a s2000 but I definatly want something small and fast like most porsche's. I know this seems stupid, but theres this car in this game I play and was wondering if anyone knows what car this would be close to in real life? http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=contents&car=fz50 (The game is in its beginning stages so the car looks more normal in the game then those projected pics)

dont get a miata, that's a chick's car. imports are usually more reliable than domestics.

a honda s2000 would be a good choice for reliability, sportiness, and good gas mileage. keep in mind, however, the s2000 is fast IF you get the manual tranny and IF you know how to drive it correctly. as a beginner driver, you may find it to be a challenging vehicle to get the most out of. but you may be a natural at it :shrug:

are you buying this with just your money or are your parents contributing anything? because for 10 grand......dont even think about it. you'll be lucky to find an S2000 for under $17,000.

you're NOT going to get the speed of a porsche for $10,000, so get that out of your head right now. for that price, i'd look for along the lines of a mitsubishi eclipse, toyota celica, mazda mx-6, maybe honda civic si, etc.

that car in the link looks like a ferrari maranello (sp?).

like i've said before:
cheap, fast, reliable. choose two.

Ok yeah most is mine. I was wondering where you would even buy a used car. Like if theres any place online you scope out or something. I just dont want something that sucks so bad I have to pimp it out to my liking. I just need something that is decent in speed and looks and would rock if I modded it. About that car, it looks pretty close. Just realized my dads friend has one and it costs around $300,000 so yeah...... Lol

My parents said they got me covered for college and plus my bro is helping me out. I am not worried about college yet for some reason and neither is anyone I know. Not to psyched about it since I cant stand school enough right now to the point I wish they would kick me out. Like my grades are good but its just so annoying they were starting to go down so to get my parents to even let me think of this I brought em back up.

molsen said:
you're NOT going to get the speed of a porsche for $10,000, so get that out of your head right now. [/B]

Eh... lets see. TransAm or SS Camaro. Get the Lt1 engine and your probably looking around 7k with higher mileage. Add a new intake (200), exhaust (500), possible supercharger (2000), and you got yourself a DARN fast car. Gas mileage of a bonfire(16-20), but still fast LOL

Pepsiboy - if your into domestic, look for an older z28 (will be around 6-8k, but insurance will shoot you in the back). If not the z28, then just find a v6 firebird, camaro, or mustang (as much as i hate even typing that word). They are all sports cars and give you enough power to start and good mpg and insurance is not bad at all. I pay $260 every 3 months on my camaro. If not domestic, molsens suggestions were good.

To get the speed part, you need V8. To have v8 is both expensive gas wise and insurance wise. Undoubtedly, insurance will be in upwards of $400 a month. Gas ratings will be about 17-21mpg depending on the engine and the mods done to it.

Look in the classifieds. You'll find tons of cars of every make.

classifieds section of the newspaper.

There's also websites like autotrader.com.

you could try ebay (I wouldn't recommend it).

Take a look in the phone book for auto dealers, and do a search on the internet. Some now have updated listings on their website, so you can search their stock whenever you feel like it.

To make sure that you're not overpaying, try checking out kbb.com (for kelley blue book) and nada.com.

for 10k you can probably get a decent camaro, you could probably even get an old Porsche boxster if ur lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom