Carrying your Laptop everywere and anywere.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Whats the Point of Portable Computing. I mean seriously how many people take their Laptops out with them when they go to the local Coffee Shop on the Hi Street or Town Center. Its the same as having a Tablet. What could you possibly do with this and if I'm to be honest why would someone like me need it.

I mean, I have had a number of laptops and they have all had their Battery's removed and sat stationary in my house while connected to the mains. I don't get why I need to carry a Laptop or a Tablet somewhere with me when I go out unless one simple thing I could do and that would be WiFi Hacking.

Do you not find it distracting playing games on the Tube or the Bus, Sitting in the Coffee Shop distracted, While everyone's talking instead of taking note of whats going on.

What is their to do on a Laptop or Tablet that I cant do on my desktop especially since the furthest I get is my local Hi Street. I mean seriously I'm confused.

Edited: For Typos ..

Last edited:
Whats the Point of Portable Computing. I mean seriously how many people take their laptops out with them when they go to the local Coffee Shop on the Hi Street or Town Center. Its the same as having a Tablet. What could you possibly do with this any why if I'm to be honest would someone like me need it.

I mean, I have had a number of laptops and they have all had their Battery removed and sat stationary in my house while connected to the mains. I don't get why I need to carry a Laptop or a Tablet somewhere with me when I go out unless one simple thing I could do what would be WiFi Hacking.

Do you not find it distracting playing games on the Tube or the Bus, Sitting in the Coffee Shop distracted, while everyone talking instead of taking not of whats going on.

What is their to do on a Laptop or Tablet that I cant do on my desktop especially since the furthest I get is my local HI Street. I mean seriously I confused.

If you don't travel, then a laptop has no benefit to you.

During college, I stopped using my desktop because my laptop became my primary machine since I took it pretty much everywhere. I took it to classes, to friends' houses to work on projects or play games, took it when I traveled to visit home so I had something to do, etc. That's the point of a laptop: portability.

Torrent your arse off. That way you don't get in the poop from your ISP.

That...doesn't make much sense. Unless you mean just "throw the laptop away when you torrent after you're done". There's cheaper ways around that, such as actually buying the content :rolleyes:.

I'm never without my laptop and a hotspot (phone and a Verizon Jetpack). I don't know what I'd do without it :tongue:

I have a tablet in my car, my phone in my pocket, and if I'm going to be out of the house for a few days (like a trip during Christmas) I bring my work laptop.

I only use a laptop when I travel or for something work-related in the field that I can't do on my phone, like imaging/reimaging a computer.

Does anyone on these boards think tablets are hear to stay. I mean long term. I know they have been around for a good while now but I have mentioned portability and yes their is a need for portable computing but is it just people like me who don't have a use since I don't do much travel .

I can use my desktop for pretty much everything I need and their for don't really have a much of a use for portable laptops or tablets.

What is the current state of the tablet market. Have they gotten more powerful over the last few years. Maybe even the low end consumer models incorporating multi CPU hardware for example.

Yeah, tablets aren't going anywhere anytime soon. That's why we now have convertibles and 2-in-1 devices, so folks can use it as a laptop when they need to and then as a tablet when they want to. Tablets are definitely more powerful now than they were. Intel's processors are using less and less power which makes tablets and such run longer on a charge with more efficiency in processing information.

Back
Top Bottom