car trouble help

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac_mogul said:
so why are you working on cars??

Perhaps he's trying to learn, I for one had no one to teach me anything about mechanics. I learned though mostly trial and error and also a bit a common sense.

JB weld on a transmission line showed little common sense though, someone should get their @ss beat for that.

mac_mogul said:
so why are you working on cars??
3ff3a78ed58f87f10fe6508f9e5ab89c2_mid.jpg

"Hey I can build a computer, I think I'll build a car!!"

Originally Posted by Sui
Perhaps he's trying to learn, I for one had no one to teach me anything about mechanics. I learned though mostly trial and error and also a bit a common sense.
I wouldn't be proud of the trial and error method when it comes to automobiles.
Sure, if cars were new technology and nobody else knew how to work on them it would be cool to use trial and error...

But as it stands...
There is a Hayne's guide for everything :rolleyes:
61042_sml.jpg

Them manuals cover to wide of a range ya ask me... Like my brothers car, them manuals cover nearly 10 years worth on it and there are so many differences it would just be easier to do trial and error on his.

lol those manuals suck, and they don't tell you everything you need to know, my favorite quote from one of those crappy things was "You shouldn't attempt this procedure, it should only be attempted by a trained mechanic" Which is kinda like saying if your reading this your too stupid to do it. I do buy manuals that are from the manufacture that specifically cover that year..... I also only work on my cars, although I might help someone work on their car.

BTW Not everyone has someone to hold our hand though every simple little thing.

I have a haynes for every car my family has owned. Not one car has ever gone to the mechanic and not one car has been sold with less than 150,000 miles on it.

I would think the manuals do their job.

Not entirely.... My brother owns a 97 or 98 Ford Contour (spelling?) and he had a manual, he had to replace his radiator and the fan's. Well not a single thing in the diagrams matched up, and how they worded it didn't match his car. He eventualy took it in and had it worked on.

What about the vac and wiring diagrams, talk about busting out the microscope. lol The letters are so small that the printer can print them legibly.

Crysalis get yourself a real manufacturer made manual off of ebay or a swap meat, and you'll understand what exactly I'm talking about. My car has over 200, and I have no intention of ever getting rid of it just because I like it.

yes well, I'm sure a Hayne's manual would've helped immensely for installing a new starter.

Anyways. Sucks to be you since you f*cked up your friends car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom