car transportation services

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i once was on a ship with a matchbox car does that count?....i went through the West European Cruise Service... and it was awesome....i saw whales...and sharks...and half dead seagulls eating stale bread from the deck, oh...and thats when my little brother was made...... 0_o...... so yes...it was awesome

i live in washington state (2800 miles away)
and i need MY car shipped out here.

i got a quote today for about 1,125 but i am not sure if that is a fair price or not.

for that much, go out and find yourself a early honda or toyta. Pick 'em up for $1200 pretty easy and get 28mpg.. That and you won't have to worry about your car getting damaged on the ride over.

Buy a one way ticket for someone (you trust), spring for the gas, and chip in a bit to pay for food and all, and you would come out a little bit better.

Yeah, it ain't cheap to transport a car. Seems more than a little oxymoronic for some reason...

I guess it depends on the car you are talking about. This is not a rare classic or exotic car correct?

He may need it shipped out because it does not run and it is going to be a project car. Maybe?

I need a little more info. If this is just a basic car to get you around then you may be better off trying to find a car close to where you live. If you are in the same situation I'm in with cars being unresonablly overpriced in your area then it might be worth shipping out or picking up.

There is a risk in driving the car back to where you live because you really don't know if it has problems untill you drive it. It may not make the trip back if it needs some repairs.

Heh, ya i'll be making a road trip sometime this summer i hope. 1100 miles from texas to colorado in a 1964 beetle with original 1200cc engine with 170k miles on it :p Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom