car stereo system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also How do you hook up a stereo system to an amp? My amp is all hooked up, power, av cables, ground, remote wire. I don't know which speaker wires go were. I have 2 positive and negative speaker wire slots on the sub, but I only have 1 positive and 1 negative on the amp. I am very confused.

how many ohm's is the sub? combined and single?
also, how many ohm's is your amp? (mix/max)

or a link to the amp and sub would be best
and if no link, manufacturer/model

the stereo is a jensen something. The amp is a Bazooka 750watt amp.

I thought the power wires where the same, but I just found out they aren't.

Also the amp works, but the stereo doesn't and I can't start my car unless I jump start it. The lights and everything comes on, but it won't turn over. I can listen to music, but the car won't turn over until I jump start the battery. Also that just started when I hooked up the power to the amp and the remote from the amp to the head unit.

o god, no offense but you bought a bazooka brand sub. :(

Does the car make any noise. Like a clicking? Or does it do absolutely nothing?

Are you sure the + wire for the car, not the amp. is still connected to the battery

yeah I hear a click noise. The amp power is still on the + side of the battery. I can tell its working cause when I turn the key to accessory mode I hear a few beeps coming from my head unit which it didn't do that before so it recognizes the bazooka.

could have I fried my stereo system or my amp???

Why don't you just get it professionally installed? Because, no offense, but it doesn't sound like you really know what your doing. I know that Bestbuy used to do free installation (I'm not sure if only the store by me stopped doing that, or if all the stores stopped). When I had to buy new stuff about two weeks ago, I had to pay 50 bucks for installation. I would see if the store you bought the stuff from does installation. If they mess something up, then they have to fix it. Seems that you might have already messed something up though.

I bought the stuff off of my friend. He is coming over today to try and help me out if the weather holds off. If he can't help me out I will get my uncle back over cause he used to work at crutchfield so he is good at that stuff. He did cut my break line though. I did all the wiring now so he can't really screw much up.

He was drilling through the firewall which a lot of people did to acura legends and the break line is in between the firewall so me and my cousin reran the break line. My cousin knows a lot more about cars then I do and that I thought he did.

I would never do that cause I have connections and my uncle owes me anyway. I paid for the break line and everything and I helped my cousin in construction so he helped me out for free since I worked for free at his house doing construction stuff. Laying tile, putting up drywall, ect.

I am also working on my cousins computer when he gets a chance to get it to me. He works all the time, I work and go to school so I have barely any free time. The only free time I get is when I stay up late or wake up a few hours early before school. Right after school I go straight to work.

My friend says that I fried my amp. When I was tightening the screws the scew driver bumped the side of the amp and sparks flew. Could that be enough to fry the amp?

I am still getting my uncle over cause my friend wasn't 100% sure thats what the problem was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom