car part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
what is this part called? its at the trunk the rubber piece that is on the top trunk.

the pic is at productreviews2's Xanga Site there is a red circle around what i am trying to type. There is a rubber piece or something missing so the trunk won't shut. It shuts and the latch moves a tad but not far enough so I can open the trunk with my hand so if I drive on the highway the trunk will most likely open and thats also not a good security system for my stereo.

if its rubber it might just be a gasket....but a missing gasket wouldnt be the only thing making your trunk latch move...your trunk latch should be fastened to your trunk with 2 bolts...check to see if those bolts are loose or even missing

the bolts at the bottom part are tight cause I took them off to see what the latch was doing to see if I could fix it and its definately not the latch. I tried putting washers on either side of the latch and it didn't stick up high enough so I gave up on that idea, I looked at my parents and sisters vehicle and there is some rubber piece or something round their thing located in the pic on my site.

what kind of car is it...you might want to lookup a internet OEM parts seller and see the part listing for your car and see if you can buy just that piece...i know hondas and acuras have an e-commerce site for OEM parts...but idk if they have on for your car

its an 1990 acura legend and I saw one of those sites before coming here but I couldn't find what I was looking for and I didn't know what it would be called either. I can't find it anywhere online.

here is a pic of a 2DR 1990 Legend Trunk

13sg00_b55.gif

think the part you need is number 7

Lol at the teeny tiny circle on that pic, and it's a Lincoln....

Does your mom & sister drive the same car? If you are sure you are missing a part, then go to a local bone yard, and see if you can find what you need.

Probably supposed to be a rubber sleeve or grommet over the part that catches and it is either worn out or missing. Take it to Auto Zone or whatever and they will hook you up or tell you where to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom