Car Insurance for a student as a first driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not know you where in Canada. The price of insurance might be more then $100USD out there. Cars can be expensive maintenance and gas plus insurance. We pay $3.05USD now for unleaded here in Loveland, Colorado. I don't know what it is in Canada? I have a 1991 Eagle Talon and I have probably put $6,000USD in it over the past 3 years. I wonder if you could go through Esurance.com in Canada? How much does your mom pay? It should not be over double that amount.

she pays around $100 a month with only liability coverage. She used to pay $70 few years ago since we got into a car accident 4 years ago
Ill check out esurance.com right now.....

esurance.com doesnt support Canadian Postal Codes, so i went to Welcome to ESURANCE! and their web page doesnt work at all when you click "enter Site Now"

Darn. Yeah I did not know if Esurance was available in Canada. Still you should not have to pay $700 a month. It should not be too much over what your mom is paying. I could never afford to drive if I had to pay $700 here. You should search the internet some more to find deals in your area.

Darn. Yeah I did not know if Esurance was available in Canada. Still you should not have to pay $700 a month. It should not be too much over what your mom is paying. I could never afford to drive if I had to pay $700 here. You should search the internet some more to find deals in your area.

Well a called a different broker, at least he sounded professional and asked me hundreds of random questions such as " What are you going to use the car for?"
i told him "just to get to school and back, i wont be using the car to get to work since my work is only 7 minutes away by foot"

The guy got all the info from me, like postal code, my moms insurance company family statues, etc so then he called me back as said $ 338 a month BUT

its a 5% discount from which iv done the Drivers course, Now he said i could get a 25-30% discount after a 6 month period if i install a device under my dashboard that calculates my driving habit and how much KM i drive regularly.
So that would be around $253 a month with that stupid gadget ;)

It sure beats $700. It sure seems like Canada is alot more strict on driving insurance then USA. Well anyway it looks like you found a better deal. Prices in other countries always seem much higher then the USA.

Crazy Lady: 1 sec
Crazy Lady: as a first time insurance and a first car as a student, 8400 a year that would be around $702 a month
ME: *Hanged up*

702 a month , huh? ya right

i got my "Ministry - Approved Beginner Driver Education Student Record" course with 10hr 90% Driven and 92% Written and she given me this BS?
what is this....

FAR OUT! I got a 2004 Holden Astra. I am not my first year provisional driving licence, my full comprehensive insurance. They have given me a 10% no claim bonus because
1. My age being over 25
2. I should them the insurance quote that the car yard gave me.
And I am only paying a little under $200 per month.
Plus I have the $1500 equipment theift insurance on the vehical too. However I am going to get rid of that when I renew later this year.

It sure beats $700. It sure seems like Canada is alot more strict on driving insurance then USA. Well anyway it looks like you found a better deal. Prices in other countries always seem much higher then the USA.

Theres at least 1 death accident that occurs in my city a week. The government had enough of it and cranked up the punishments and $ for young teenage boy drivers. Im not surprised but do i have to suffer the harsh consequence by paying big bucks? Life is not fair..

Im gonna try different brokers and see what they have to offer me...

Theres at least 1 death accident that occurs in my city a week. The government had enough of it and cranked up the punishments and $ for young teenage boy drivers. Im not surprised but do i have to suffer the harsh consequence by paying big bucks? Life is not fair..

Im gonna try different brokers and see what they have to offer me...

No life is not fair.:sigh: It is so hard to make it financially in this day and age.

I still love how "statistically" young boys get into more accidents than girls. One thing i have noticed is that anytime a girl gets into an accident, daddy pays for it, when a guy gets into an accident, it gets reported to the insurance. In the US, females stop being "high risk" at 21, yet males are high risk until 25. Every female i have ever been in a car with drove worse than 99% of my male friends. Statistics really annoy me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom