Car Audio question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get rid of them whatever they are hooked up to. I can't really see your friend hooking up the old subs to the new amp.....that doesn't make any sense at all.

And you are right about being weary of an amp that is too powerful. I have a 2000 watt Audiobahn powering two 12 inch (each one is 1100 watt RMS/2200watt Max) AND a 5 farad cap and my headlights still dim a little bit on certain songs.

id reccomend a hifonics or aq amp. my aq 1200d works wonderful, and is rated good. i get almost 1200x1 off of it.
couple things: DO NOT get a capacitor. its pointless and a waste. trust me. also, be weary of crap brands. ie sony xplod, audiobahn, ect

and, never look at peak watts, always rms. peak means absolutely nothing, its just a selling point

A capacitor is not pointless. And Audiobahn isn't crap.....not if you get the $500 set of speakers instead of the $80 set.

Just like anything else. You get what you pay for.

This is the new version of my subs, and they DEFINATELY are not crap.

Audiobahn AW1208T Subwoofers

lets not get into a brand war lol.
but, cap's are for the price. Get another battery instead, do the big three, or get a HO alt (he wont need it just saying if you did)
battery wise get like a optima yellow top, dc, kinetic, theres a few of em to get

that setup shouldent need anything else electrical wise, but to help us see if it would, do you know the alt amp size on your mustang? ie like rated to do 85 amps or something

caps are not a waste...and audiobahn is far from crap.

Audiobahn is even used in db drag comps...so i dont know where you get that there crap from.

I don't want a brand war, because almost every brand has crap speakers AND quality speakers. But that was my point.

The OP probably won't need a cap, but I certainly did. And it helped, but not as much as I thought it would.

caps will help a little bit if the voltage drops, but for long playing time, they go down in use very fast, becuase they have to be recharged.

I have 2 kicker 10" L5's, so I am pretty sure I have some quality subs with very good ratings, and at the price I got them, it was unbeatable. Now, right now when I turn the base up, I am getting some very slight headlight dimming. I have heard the "big 3" mentioned but I have no idea what it entails. Basically I just want the cheapest solution to power my subs the best they can. Right now the Hifonics amp I want is $175 on eBay, and I'd sell my old amp to recover some cost, but since my headlights dim, will they dim even more with the Hifonics 1500W? Should I got with the Hifonics 1200W instead? And if I do get lights dimming, what's my best and cheapest option to help with that?

EDIT: My stock speakers and subs are still running of the stock amp, all of which I have no idea what they are.

The stock "subs" in a mustang aren't actually subwoofers. They are similar to a 6x9, just a unique ford size.
Because you are referring to the speakers under the rear window right?

Have you even changed any of the settings on the amp yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom