Car Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have (usually) an aftermarket head unit (cd player). That has to have Amp-Outputs, and whatever else you want (like I-Pod interface, etc).

For sub, you connect a power wire directly to the battery, running to wherever your amp is located. You have Remote Turn-On & Speaker wires running from the Head unit to the Amp, usually on the opposite side of the car (say the passenger side) of the power wire, because the power wire could cause interference in the speaker wire signal.

You then have a ground wire from the amp to a piece of metal on your car. Then you have the amp connected to the subs.

That's pretty much a basic, basic set up.

Or do you want to know about RMS, watts, Peak Power, Wire Gauge, Ohms & Impedance, among other things?

WTF.... a car audio system isn't just adding a sub. a system involves not just adding bass, but upgrading the overall quality of the sound by upgrading your mids and highs as well.

if you want to keep it simple, you can just replace the stock speakers with better speakers without doing anything else. for better SQ, you get a separate amp for the highs

WTF.... a car audio system isn't just adding a sub. a system involves not just adding bass, but upgrading the overall quality of the sound by upgrading your mids and highs as well.

if you want to keep it simple, you can just replace the stock speakers with better speakers without doing anything else. for better SQ, you get a separate amp for the highs

I know that. He said he wanted a basic system. That's as basic as you can get.

On another note, fade2black, if you do look to upgrade more speakers, like molsen so kindly said, don't bother with the rear deck speakers. That would be the speakers behind the back seats. It usually messes up your soundstage causing the music to be somewhat distorted.

I know that. He said he wanted a basic system. That's as basic as you can get.

On another note, fade2black, if you do look to upgrade more speakers, like molsen so kindly said, don't bother with the rear deck speakers. That would be the speakers behind the back seats. It usually messes up your soundstage causing the music to be somewhat distorted.
????? wtf are you talking about? i have NEVER seen/heard this happen. sounds like USER ERROR to me

if you want heavy bass with low cost hardware, then get yourself a hatchback where the trunk is internally open

????? wtf are you talking about? i have NEVER seen/heard this happen. sounds like USER ERROR to me

you like WTF I see. I say this because: If people don't know exactly what speakers will work best for their car, then their soundstage will suffer.

Adjusting for rear fill

Once you have your front speakers installed to your liking, you'll want to make sure that your rear speakers are doing their part to create an ideal soundstage. While personal taste plays a role here, most experts agree that you should adjust the volume level for rear speakers so that you're barely conscious of their presence.

While your front speakers should give you the best midrange and high frequencies possible, your rear speakers can be conventional coaxials or low frequency drivers. Their purpose is to add ambience and depth to your forward soundstage. If they reveal too much high frequency information, they'll "pull" the stereo image to the rear of your vehicle, away from where you want it.

Can you see where a beginner might not be able to tune their speakers correctly?

Get off my *** molsen. I'm simply answering the dudes questions with the information that I have obtained from numerous car audio forums and set-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom