Car Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just grab a (or 2) 14" or 12" 7000W subwoofer, use a monoblock amp. Make urself some decent roomy enclosures, reinforce your windows. Set up 12 channels of normal but high quality speakers and get a Dolby Digital Encoded player...

Ask Crysalis and EricB, there genious's. Though im not sure wether they know much about car audio, im sure they could help though.

My only dealings with car audio is when it comes to SPL, I have issues getting good SQ because it cost's a LOT of money to get great SQ in a car, vibrations and noises from things rattling... Gets rather expensive after awhile. If you want some good bass, I think a single 10 inch L5 or L7 kicker would be good, get a GOOD quality amp, something from Rockford Fosgate or Kicker, or JBL... Don't get ANYTHING from walmart unless you wanna go cheap and have crappy sounding bass and mids. BTW, look for an amp that has an option to install a controller up front so you can change the gain and such from up front, that way, you can turn it just right depending on the music.

so im interested in learning about car audio because when i get my car i want a nice system in it

but idk anything about subwoofers, amplifiers, speakers, etc......

so can somone more educated in this field point me in the right direction

thanks in advanced
-Ronnie
you need to ask more specific questions. are you trying to build a system? what are your needs? budget?

im looking at what it takes to build a nice system

a good amp, speakers, etc
im a noob at this and i would like to learn what make a good system and what parts are needed

Just grab a (or 2) 14" or 12" 7000W subwoofer, use a monoblock amp. Make urself some decent roomy enclosures, reinforce your windows. Set up 12 channels of normal but high quality speakers and get a Dolby Digital Encoded player...

you are kidding right? that is what 17 year olds with no prior audio knowledge do. ;)

buddy has a set of rockford punch 1's they're pretty sick subs. don't think they're too too expensive. I havent looked into it much as I can't throw a sound system into my car till pc is built.

got my priorities straight..

haha

so can anyone explain to me how a cars audio system works?

You have (usually) an aftermarket head unit (cd player). That has to have Amp-Outputs, and whatever else you want (like I-Pod interface, etc).

For sub, you connect a power wire directly to the battery, running to wherever your amp is located. You have Remote Turn-On & Speaker wires running from the Head unit to the Amp, usually on the opposite side of the car (say the passenger side) of the power wire, because the power wire could cause interference in the speaker wire signal.

You then have a ground wire from the amp to a piece of metal on your car. Then you have the amp connected to the subs.

That's pretty much a basic, basic set up.

Or do you want to know about RMS, watts, Peak Power, Wire Gauge, Ohms & Impedance, among other things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom