Car Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
so im interested in learning about car audio because when i get my car i want a nice system in it

but idk anything about subwoofers, amplifiers, speakers, etc......

so can somone more educated in this field point me in the right direction

thanks in advanced
-Ronnie

Depends on the music you wanna listen to, and how much you have to spend. An average system upgrade will consist of a new headunit, amp wire that is atleast four guage or possibly two guage about 20 foot long, one or two subs, of any size, a good quality amp, and a newer battery and POSSIBLY a new alt. I know my system contains a cheap *** Sony Xplod 1200 watt amp, two Kicker Comps, and one Kicker Comp CVR and a pair of Pioneer 6x9s... That's mostly just to listen to really REALLY low bass at loud levels... But look to spend ~1000 for a nice decent system.

Ya, you can go full blown.. with

Mono channel amp for your subwoofer(s) and then a multi channel amp to run the door speakers off of.

Make sure you get a head unit that at least has one set of RCA out's to run to the amp for a subwoofer.

If you listen to a lot of rap music you will want to look into a 12in. subwoofer. If you listen to music more on the rock side I think 10's do it a little more justice..

With a couple subs and a new set of door speakers there is no need for a new battery or Alternator.

He may not need a new battery or alt, but it is always a good idea to upgrade the battery, especialy if it is a walmart everlast. Get duralast or one of the Optima batterys.

well i mostly listen to heavier music but i still like softer rock like nirvana, smashing pumpkins, and alice in chains
after talking with a good friend of mine im dead set on getting a 4th gen honda prelude (probably a 93 because ive found alot of them that are in pretty good shape)

and its becoming my new project for the next couple of years so i want a nice sound system in it without killing me so around 1000 owuld be nice

You may want to consider a 5-channel amp. It is just one monster that can run your subs and power your door speakers on the different channels.

2 10in. subs would do you good I think.

Talk to ericB about what speakers to look into. He also said that some of the last great head-units are made by eclipse.

I have a Sony head unit with pioneer 6X8's in the doors with a 900 watt cheap boss amp and two mtx 10s in my ford ranger sounds really good. I would recommend mtx they are not to pricey and they have lasted me a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom