car auctions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
Well my car has been a POS. A string of repairs and yadda yadda... well its latest issue is a blown headgasket, which on the cheaper side would cost about 1000 dollars to fix. Almost what my car is worth at this point (according to KBB). So it would make more economical sense to just get a new one.

I was thinking about those like gov't repo/IRS/DEA seizure auctions. Anyone have any experience with these? Any info? I'm not too up on them.

http://www.govdeals.com Click the advanced search link and put in your state to see what all they have.
I have bought LOTS of stuff from there. Watch your location though as you have to go pick up anything you buy.

Well my car has been a POS. A string of repairs and yadda yadda... well its latest issue is a blown headgasket, which on the cheaper side would cost about 1000 dollars to fix. Almost what my car is worth at this point (according to KBB). So it would make more economical sense to just get a new one.

I was thinking about those like gov't repo/IRS/DEA seizure auctions. Anyone have any experience with these? Any info? I'm not too up on them.

You could do it for the cost of new gaskets if you did it yourself.

When you take off a head, you gotta take off the entire intake first, of course...so, it's usually multiple gaskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom