Capital Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Million dollars for a lethal injection, are you kidding me?

These pieces of scum shouldn't have a happy death, but just as bad of one as what they did to their victims.

Makes me sick.

ANyone know why it takes like 20 years for them to get executed? That's a pretty **** long time.

Like stated above, its the lengthy appeals that take so long and cost so much money. Then, you also have the problem of it taking sometimes years on death row before a lawyer is appointed to them. Once, after waiting many years, a lawyer is appointed then the process of lenghty appeals, that sometime seem endless start to happen. If they could speed up the process then the cost would be much less.

it may be expensive to execute someone....but what about how much it costs to keep then in prison for life? it costs ALOT more to do that. and personally, I do not want my tax dollars going to keep low-life scum alive because its "inhumane" or "Godly" to execute someone.

So someone commits a horrible, violent crime and we feed them and give them shelter for the rest of their life? [use the ***** for your profanity] that...

You could say "well some of these people get rehabilitated". That's fine and dandy, but did the person he/shed killed get rehabilitated back to life? I don't think so.

>>Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth my friends.<<

it may be expensive to execute someone....but what about how much it costs to keep then in prison for life?
no, it's actually cheaper to keep a prisoner with a life sentence than it is for one on death row.

Nubius said:
no, it's actually cheaper to keep a prisoner with a life sentence than it is for one on death row.

No sir.

from the florida department of corrections website:

It costs approximately $72.39 per day to incarcerate a Death Row inmate.

12.74 years is the average length of stay for current Death Row population.

=$366,620.74

From the florida monitor: department of corrections website:

How much does it cost to incarcerate someone?

The cost to house an inmate at one of the departmentÂ’s 58 major correctional institutions for Fiscal Year 2003-04 was $48.28 per day or $17,622 a year.

from USCC.gov:

The average length of a life sentence is 470 months, or 39.2 years, based on the U.S. Census.

=$690,790.24

I'd say it costs almost TWICE as much to imprison someone for life vs. being on death row.

In addition, being sentenced to life sometimes consitutes the possibility of parole means that a convited felon can be put back out on the streets, AFTER we've paid all this money to incarcerate him/her. AND pay another $2536 per year for parole supervision.

such a tuff moral delemia. I recal their being a guy sentenced to life for murding a woman, but he never did this. think how much that would suck if you were wrongfully convicted and sentanced to death. I would much rather live in jail and not be killed for something i never did, for I'm not religous and don't believe in some sort of after life, heaven, or rencarnation.

killing is so barbaric, and killing some one for killing some one dosn't make much sence. I don't understand killing in the first place though. Ok this is going to sound really wierd but... imagine what highly advanced aliens would think of us? I've spent much time pondering this and i don't really have an answer of my own. Although if they were to land here in person we would probally end up shooting them considering we're afraid of anything we don't understand(just look at n00b computer users, they will hit the screen if a program crashes, totaly ignorant). If you want to see a good sci-fi movie that deals with that just watch "The Day the Earth Stood Still"
---------------------------------
i hope the aliens don't actually give us a Gort!
---------------------------------
someone said above they dont want their tax money spent on scum or something. well that may be but that means that your putting a price on human life. I would not want to have a price stamped on my head.

the only fact i got from USCC was the average length of life imprisonment, which is based on the entire US

we both over-generalized based on our particular area...perhaps the money issue isnt as debatable as the moral issue...?

or perhaps some sort of reform is needed in various areas of the prison system (which we already know that needs to be done).... whats with the discrepancy in costs between FL and L.A.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom