Capital Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juice Daddy said:
how much would you pay to see that?

id pay like 50$ for the good seats and about 20$ for cheap bleacher seats

Originally posted by FireFox
I liked the good ol' Roman days. Death to 'em all.

i agree too the good ol' Roman days were sweet and they invented the toga, thus we have toga parties!

Originally posted by Juice Daddy
the only problem I see, is animal rights...

i think we could find an animal that everyone hates even animal rights people or just build something like the terminator and pray that it dosent develop a mind of it's own.

you guys are horrible how do you guys sleep at night?

id cover them in salt and have goats lick their skin off. :D

I'm all for capital punishment, assuming that they did something incredibly cruel to deserve such a harsh thing. However, one thing I cannot stand is when someone murders 300 people then sits on death row until he's about to croak anyway to finally die.

How about, something like this. Say someone gets put on death row, that day they're put on death row, one full year later is when they should be finally executed. That would at least give the folks a year to reverse the decision if there was something unfair about the conviction.

But in any event, let's think about something here. Say, you have a bad job. But, it's a job that pays the bills, right? I'm not in that position, however there are some nights at work I just get so bored out of my mind. But, what do I do? I keep working, because it's what I have to do. Imagine if you were stuck like that all the time. Instead of thinking "wow just two more hours and I'm out of here" you'd be thinking "wow, just gotta wait until I finally croak and I'm out of here." What I'm trying to say is, life in prison is more miserable and some people may think. In most cases, I'd rather see murderers sitting in a concrete prison cell for the rest of their sorry life than seeing them executed. However, certain situations call for different convictions.

ANyone know why it takes like 20 years for them to get executed? That's a pretty **** long time.
The biggest issue and one that many people seem to overlook is the fact that an execution is irreversible, therefore if the court makes a mistake and say by some small margin years later there is a new breakthrough in DNA tests or something that proves you really aren't guilty there isn't any unlocking a cell and just saying "sorry"...there are numerous appeal processes that have to be done before a person is executed and obviously especially with courts filling up more and more these days it isn't an easy process

Of course incarcerating a person for 20 years and then finding out their innocent isn't exactly "right", but it's most certainly better than killing an innocent person

gaara said:
The biggest issue and one that many people seem to overlook is the fact that an execution is irreversible, therefore if the court makes a mistake and say by some small margin years later there is a new breakthrough in DNA tests or something that proves you really aren't guilty there isn't any unlocking a cell and just saying "sorry"...there are numerous appeal processes that have to be done before a person is executed and obviously especially with courts filling up more and more these days it isn't an easy process

Of course incarcerating a person for 20 years and then finding out their innocent isn't exactly "right", but it's most certainly better than killing an innocent person

Behold the first poster in this thread to say something that makes sense.

gaara said:

That would cost the state EVEN MORE than executing them in the first place. They would sue the state for MILLIONS! Who cares if its "wrong", theres too many people on this earth as it is.... So we get rid of 1, there will be 4000 more born that day.

what do you mean 'would cost'........it DOES cost more because that's exactly what they do.

As I said earlier, it costs about twice as much to keep a guy on death row than it does to keep an inmate in prison who's serving out a life sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom