Can't make up my mind.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
So, I managed to trade my PA for a nice projector and a 24" NEC monitor. 2 combined aren't worth my whole PA, but it needed to move or I lose any possibility of getting anything for the stuff.

Anyways, took my TV back now I can't decide on a new GPU or surround sound for my new projector. :AwMan:

firstworldproblems.jpeg

I'm putting a 3960x in my rig and I want to complement it with something a little better than a 465 or SLI 260s. Only decent offerings on CL right now is a 560ti Skyrim Edition for 175, or an eVGA 480 for 150. All the 570s and 580s everybody wants too much. I even took a look at AMD offerings and there was only one 6970 with a water block. Can't do water anymore sadly.

I personally would have gone for surround sound anyway, seeing as though you can't find a GPU that you want I think the choice is pretty simple now.

this is assuming you want to get something now, if your prepared to wait you could end up getting a 570 or 580 but there is no way of telling how long it could be.

There is a guy selling an eVGA Black Ops 580 for 250. I have that much, but don't want to blow all my money on a GPU just yet. I'll have to see what happens today. I found a nice Onkyo 5.1 setup that has everything I want, but last night I was trying to figure out how I would put it all together in my head and I don't see it happening in here. We will see.

There is a guy selling an eVGA Black Ops 580 for 250. I have that much, but don't want to blow all my money on a GPU just yet. I'll have to see what happens today. I found a nice Onkyo 5.1 setup that has everything I want, but last night I was trying to figure out how I would put it all together in my head and I don't see it happening in here. We will see.

Don't take this the wrong way Mguire, but if I were you I would take that 250.00 and stick it underneath a mattress.
The way things are now in this economy you never know when you may need that mighty "dollar" to pay a bill off or someone else mighty quickly.

Again not making you feel bad, but you have more than enough stuff to hold you over for abit.
Why not wait till october to get the gpu or sound system ?

Less than a month away. What's the difference?

My point is you stop spending your last buck on stuff that is not so critical as it is hindering you from school, work, "family" or any other related daily life needs.

If you can just hold out for abit get it later on, if everything is secure and you don't expect any type of surprises later on month go ahead man.

Yea pretty much. I found a 6950 flashed to 6970 with a water block on it but honestly I do not trust anybody else to do that kind of work....if you know what I mean. Cheapest 580 is 250. My board can take up to 3 cards. I wish I could just find a cheap 465 and be done with it. Man I saw one 2 months ago for 75 bucks. I could put the rest away like Mike was saying and easily spend that cash with some left over.

Well after playing Mario 64 for hours without surround sound I have decided I don't need one right now. My JBL PC speakers bounce off the wall quite easily.

Yea pretty much. I found a 6950 flashed to 6970 with a water block on it but honestly I do not trust anybody else to do that kind of work....if you know what I mean. Cheapest 580 is 250. My board can take up to 3 cards. I wish I could just find a cheap 465 and be done with it. Man I saw one 2 months ago for 75 bucks. I could put the rest away like Mike was saying and easily spend that cash with some left over.

The 6950 was a great card. If you found a good deal on one, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Well after playing Mario 64 for hours without surround sound I have decided I don't need one right now. My JBL PC speakers bounce off the wall quite easily.

That's good. I had chills when I thought of the "surround sound" you would get at that budget...

Back
Top Bottom