Cancer Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Quote from one of my friends, who posted this on another forum/his MySpace blog:

I am reading a book by Kevin Trudeau and I will now take a portion of what I have read tonight and share it with you. I encourage you all to research what you are about to read, and research it well.

This is taken from More Natural Cures Revealed, By Kevin Trudeau, Chapter Six, pages 82-84.

"I want to talk here specifically about some of the toxins that specifically relate to cancer. In my book I mentioned that if you can't eat it you shouldn't put it on your skin. This is something that many people blow off as not that important or significant, but I want you to reevaluate this. Many of the products used in cosmetics, skin care, soaps, detergents, shampoos, etc. contain ingredients that are categorically cancer causing. here are a couple of examples. DEA, or diethanolamine. This particular ingredient has been found in over 600 home and personal care products. These products include shampoos, conditioners, bubble baths, lotions, cosmetics, soaps, laundry and dish washing detergents. It is just one of an estimated 125 ingredients used in home and personal care products that have been proven to cause cancer. Dr. Samuel Epstein, author of the Safe Shopper's Bible, and founder of the American Coalition to Prevent Cancer, is considered the world's leading authority on toxicology. He believes that DEA categorically causes cancer. Yet even though the FDA knows that this ingredient, as well as many others, leads to cancer, it remains in the products you buy. Why? Because the multinational conglomerates that own these companies want you to get cancer. They need to make their products as cheaply as possible to increase their profits and they know that if you use their products cancer rates will continue to rise and they will make billions more on all the cancer treatments that they have a monopoly on.

Consider this: propylene glycol is the main ingredient in antifreeze, yet go into your household cabinets and look at your toothpaste, underarm deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, lotions, soaps, or what have you and you will be amazed when you see propylene glycol. You will also see something called sodium lareth sulfate. propylene glycol is everywhere, yet it gives you cancer! It is a colorless, viscous liquid used in antifreeze solutions and hydraulic fluids, and as a solvent. It is not only used in brake and hydraulic fluids, paints and coatings, floor wax, pet food, tobacco products, and laundry detergents,, but also in cosmetics, toothpastes, shampoos, deodorants, lotions, and processed foods. You will even find it in baby wipes. Check the labels, you will be amazed. This is why pets are getting more cancer than ever before. Pet food companies are using it in pet food. This is why children are getting cancer at a higher rate than ever before. In addition to causing cancer, propylene glycol also causes dermatitis, kidney damage, and liver abnormalities. It can cause nausea, headaches, vomiting,depression and gastrointestinal disturbances. The other big problem with propylene glycol is that it doesn't leave your body. It stays in the tissues and continues to build up, causing more and more damage down the road. Keep in mind that there has never been any long range testing on the affects of these types of toxins used in various products. The same holds true with the toxic ingredient sodium lauryl sulfate, or SLS. This is another cancer causing agent. Go look and find it in the products in your cupboard. Not only does it cause cancer, it can change the genetic structure of cells. It induces mutations in the cells. It irritates skin cells, and impairs ability for hair to grow. It has adverse affects on the heart, liver, lungs, and brain. It affects eyes; damages the immune system; and causes inflammation of the skin. All of these problems arise simply by putting this on the skin because once you put it on the skin it gets absorbed into the body. This also is a toxic substance that does not leave the body, but continues to build up residual effects. It's in your toothpaste, your shampoo, and your soaps. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Ingredient, after ingredient, after ingredient that is commonly used in not only foods that you eat, but in the lotions, shampoos, soaps, toothpastes, deodorants, etc. categorically cause cancer and suppress your immune system, causing all types of other diseases.

One of the reasons why we are sicker today than ever before is that the use of toxic chemicals is increasing at an astounding rate. We put more poisons into our body today than ever before in history. Some researchers suggest that people today are putting ten times more toxins in their body than they were just ten years ago, and the rate continues to go up. This is why if you want to be healthy, you absolutely must understand that you are loaded with toxins, and that you must clean these toxins out. You must do a colon cleanse, a liver/gallbladder cleanse, a kidney/bladder cleanse, a Candida cleanse, a parasite cleanse, a heavy metal cleanse (dental fillings/root canals etc.) and a full body cleanse-it is imperative. I say this to you again, if you really want to be healthy, do not buy products from publicly traded companies. Do not buy brand name products. You can buy shampoos and conditioners, and soaps, toothpastes, antiperspirants, moisturizers, lotions, cosmetics, and skin care products all without the toxins. They are available. I am looking at a hand soap right now that says right on the label, "no lauryl sulfates." It is all natural and mostly organic. I am looking at a skin moisturizer made with natural oils and emollients. This product is great, it will not give you cancer, and it will not make you sick. If you want to be healthy, stop putting toxins in your body. Read the labels of the food you eat and everything you put on your skin."

about those certain products being in shampoos, lotions, deodorants etc. I actually after reading this part of the book, looked at a few of my personal items. I can say I will not be buying Axe deodorant spray or any of the Axe products again, and I checked out the lotions we had in the bathrooms. Both bottles had said ingredients in them. I am horrified. This is truly ****ed up.

anyway folks, after I sat and typed all that out, from the book itself, word for word, I just want and encourage you all to look into what you have just read, do it for your health.

By the way I would highly recommend Mr Kevin Trudeau's books, they are great.

Seriously f'd up...

I'm not sure I buy this stuff. Not that there aren't dangerous chemicals around the house, but I'd rather wait on some hard science to come out about this data and whether it should be avoided. I.e. I'd like to read it in a peer reviewewd journal.

And I'm not entirely sure I trust the author either. Kevin Trudeau isn't an M.D. he's an infomercial spokesman. Which is pretty interesting, seeing as how his book has a title which sounds like I'd hear it off one of those commercials.

Half way through that quote he said something that especially interested me "One of the reasons why we are sicker today than ever before is that the use of toxic chemicals is increasing at an astounding rate."

"we are sicker today than ever before" Yeah, I don't buy that for a second. Length of life and standard of living are at a historical high. In 1850, people were living half as long as they are now. one of many sources. And things were even worse before then (think typhoid, smallpox, black death, tuberculosis, cholera). Before the 1950's, there were a LOT of people who were still dieing from the flu, diarrhea, or even complications from more simple diseases. Take a look at the history books sometime and then tell me if you prefer cancer at age 80, or literally sh**ing yourself to death at age 30.

EDIT: I did a quick search on google and heard he promotes a certain hollywood based religion as treatment in his book? Check wikipedia if you're curious, but can anyone validate this?

And I'm not entirely sure I trust the author either. Kevin Trudeau isn't an M.D.
Saying that you have to be an MD to know something about medicine (that's what that statement sounds like to me, anyway), is like saying you have to be a liscensed techician to know anything about computers.

Also... What was the last disease that was cured after 50 years ago? Polio. And it wasn't from a drug...it was a natural cure. And the guy that made the vaccine was Jonas Salk.

BTW, he's more than just a "infomercial spokesman." He spent 20 years travelling around the world, interviewing doctors, patients, and gathering research.

And have you also noticed the increase in cancer rates over the past few years? More and more people are being diagnosed with forms of cancer (and not just from smoking, because that one's pretty self-explanatory).

Ok, that point aside (As I did study history in college), what about the rest?

But I really just wanted to illustrate the fact that he's an infomercial spokesmen. He basically makes money by convincing people to buy crap.

Also... What was the last disease that was cured after 50 years ago? Polio. And it wasn't from a drug...it was a natural cure. And the guy that made the vaccine was Jonas Salk.

To be specific, a cure for polio was never discovered. A vaccine was made and the disease died out. Also, I'm not sure if "natural" is a word that can be used to describe the injection of dead or dieing virus into the. The needle is something that wasn't discovered in nature, not was the plastic or glass used to hold the medicine before it is injected into the body, or the myriad of scientific equipment that was invinted in the early and middle 20th century.

But since you ask, a vaccine against human papillomavirus was approved by the FDA last year, the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine was created in the 1970's, the chickenpox vaccine was created in the 90's I believe (maybe the 80's), DPT in the 80's, and hepatitis B in the 80's to name a few.

BTW, he's more than just a "infomercial spokesman." He spent 20 years travelling around the world, interviewing doctors, patients, and gathering research.

That's true, but still, he should be submitting his works to serious journals and investing in solutions. Surely if these problems were serious he would make much more money using this business model.

And have you also noticed the increase in cancer rates over the past few years? More and more people are being diagnosed with forms of cancer (and not just from smoking, because that one's pretty self-explanatory).

Also true, although there are some reports that say it's decreasing, I'm very skeptical of those claims.

The good news is people are working on cures and vaccinations for cancer. I think of the "natural" approach (assuming it works) as not driving your car anywhere instead of making a safer car.

The good news is people are working on cures and vaccinations for cancer.
Folding@Home, anyone?

Anyway. The diseases we have yet to cure or vaccinate, are a lot more complicated than the diseases we have gotten rid of.

For example, HIV.
HIV is very hard to get rid of, because it is very effective at spreading, and it keeps evolving.
People have tried coming up with treatments to stop AIDS. Some of them were effective at first. But the AIDS virus has always adapted to become resistant to these treatments.

Cancer is a lot more complicated to cure than, say, the bubonic plague.
Cancer isn't just caused by a single bacteria, virus, or other agent. There are many causes, internally and externally, genetically and chemically.
That, and the way it works is more complicated also. It is more in-depth with the human physiology than most other diseases.

Because the multinational conglomerates that own these companies want you to get cancer.
The article lost all credibility at that point. Using scare tactics is a definite red flag, and immediately showed the authors true colors.

Wile all natural ingredients can be better for you, not all man-made chemicals are bad for you. Painting the picture with a brush this wide skews the actual data and attempts to have you believe exactly what the author wants you to believe... whether it is actually true or not.

Funny how all these claims are made, but there is nothing there to back them up... no sources, no data.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined propylene glycol to be "generally recognized as safe" for use in food, cosmetics, and medicines. Like ethylene glycol, propylene glycol affects the body's chemistry by increasing the amount of acid. Propylene glycol is metabolized into lactic acid, which occurs naturally as muscles are exercised,
Coutesy of Wikipedia.

I call BS.

The article lost all credibility at that point. Using scare tactics is a definite red flag, and immediately showed the authors true colors.

Wile all natural ingredients can be better for you, not all man-made chemicals are bad for you. Painting the picture with a brush this wide skews the actual data and attempts to have you believe exactly what the author wants you to believe... whether it is actually true or not.

Funny how all these claims are made, but there is nothing there to back them up... no sources, no data.
Exactly. The article is unscientific to say the least.

Wile all natural ingredients can be better for you, not all man-made chemicals are bad for you.
key word is can. man-made ingredients can be better than natural ingredients, also. Nobody should stick to or avoid certain products based on whether or not it is natural.

In response to trotter:

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined propylene glycol to be "generally recognized as safe" for use in food, cosmetics, and medicines. Like ethylene glycol, propylene glycol affects the body's chemistry by increasing the amount of acid. Propylene glycol is metabolized into lactic acid, which occurs naturally as muscles are exercised.

The FDA are the ones responsible for keeping the blindfold over the eyes of the people. Of course they are going to tell you what they want you to think. If they told you the truth about things, they would lose profit. The cancer industry is the biggest profitable industry around the world, and to prevent Cancer would be to prevent profit.

I am the original author of the first post that was taken off of my MySpace blog and I am the one reading the book. To whoever that person above that said this "article" was lacking any scientific proof, let me tell you this is NOT an article, it was taken directly out of the book and the book mind you is FULL of things to back of what Mr. Trudeau says.

The only thing further I can tell you is to stop being close minded to something that you may not believe in, like I did, go out, Buy the book, its a small price of only 25 dollars or so, and just read it, and walk away with an opinion based on you at least attempting to educate yourself.

People sit and call Kevin a con man or a quack or both, they say he is just lying to make a profit. What would be the motivation behind that? He does not profit off of this, the only thing he makes money off of is his books, and it really isn't like he is jacking the prices up to sky rocketing proportions. He is not promoting any products, he is not advertising any products, and the only place he is advertising his books is at 3 in the morning on infomercials. And that is more to do with the fact that the FTC is keeping a very tight leash around what he can and cant do.

So I tell people the only way to find out for yourself if something is true or not, is to find your own answers and educate yourself. This man has spent the last 20 years of his life researching this stuff. If you don't believe what I am telling you, and I am not expecting you to, then read his books. Then you will have the room to throw around judgments of whether or not he is a cook. and remember, the book is full of scientific things to back up his claims, all you need to do is give what he takes you and CAREFULLY research it.

This man has spent the last 20 years of his life researching this stuff.
the only place he is advertising his books is at 3 in the morning on infomercials.
Buy the book, its a small price of only 25 dollars or so
He does not profit off of this, the only thing he makes money off of is his books
There have been alarmists before, and there will be alarmists after. At the end of the day, they are all quacks.

I'm glad you are swallowing this hook, line, and sinker, but I'm not, nor are many other people.

The FDA, while not perfect, exists (for the most part) to protect the people of the US from BS drugs and health claims. Saying the FDA wants to kill the people who pay for it to exist is nuts.

Cancer is a horrendous killer with no respect for age, race, or country. To try to point a finger and blame anyone with it is crazy. Everything can cause cancer if it is concentrated enough and used enough. But as to the ultimate cause, we just don't know what causes a cell to go bezerk. And Mr. Quack-of-the-month can't answer that question, either.

Try doing a little research on your own. Go to those who are trying to find a cure or a preventative for cancer and not the nutzoids who hawk their wares on infomercials. You just might learn something useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom