Canceling phone contract ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't care, they can do as they please with the contract, but once they see that they will loose money what so ever, they will threaten you to **** to force the contract on you, in a "non-threatening" way.

Hehe. Okay, seems i'll have to pay it.

Uhm, i'm sure if i get a job i can afford to 2 phone contracts..

edit:

Interestingly, if i phone 150 (T-Mobiles automated support) after waiting several mins and going through numerous menus, there is indeed an option called "If you are thinking about and want to leave T-Mobile, or transfer your number to another network, press 3".

i didnt press 3, but i wonder what this is ? maybe it's just for pay as you go.

Its to connect you with the cancellations department.

When you first got your phone, you entered a contract...read the fine print and it states that should you decide to cancel early, you have to pay.

$400? That seems too high. Higher than any other cancellation free I've ever heard of.

In my T-Mobile contract it's $150.

Depends on the persons credit...

If I remember right, T-Mobile will LET YOU transfer your account to a totaly different phone, but I am only familiar with the prepaid ones.

Ya you can buy any phone you want under T-Mobile.

When I signed up, I purchased a T-Mobile Dash from a guy I knew for cheap. Dropped it and broke the screen a week after I had it. Used the free phone I got with my contract, and broke it yesterday HA! My contracts not up until NEXT May, so now I gotta buy a new phone. So ya, you can run thru however many phones you want. Doesn't matter anyway, I can't even pay my bill this month!

Just read the T-Mobile T&C, reading this, i could just say i've lost it:

15. * Lost or Stolen Devices. You agree to notify us if your Device is lost or stolen. Once you notify us, we will suspend your Service and you will not be responsible for charges incurred with the lost or stolen Device after you notify us. You must fulfill the remainder of your Term or the Early Termination Fee will apply.

Is the basically saying, i must continue with my contract even though i won't be paying for it anymore ?
If so, that's no problem..

Could always attempt that, but make sure that it does apply in your plan and that they havent removed that option on there side....

Can someone help me find the full T and C for UK T-Mobile ? I can't find it for the life of me, only some very small (half a page) watered down thing.

Just read the T-Mobile T&C, reading this, i could just say i've lost it:

15. * Lost or Stolen Devices. You agree to notify us if your Device is lost or stolen. Once you notify us, we will suspend your Service and you will not be responsible for charges incurred with the lost or stolen Device after you notify us. You must fulfill the remainder of your Term or the Early Termination Fee will apply.

Is the basically saying, i must continue with my contract even though i won't be paying for it anymore ?
If so, that's no problem..
You're completely misreading the contract. If you report your phone stolen, the service on that phone will be canceled, and you won't be held responsible for charges on that phone. The part that says You must fulfill the remainder of your Term or the Early Termination Fee will apply. clearly means you are still fully responsible for the contract you signed.

I assume you're over 18. Time to man up. You're not going to find some slick loophole to get out without paying. It doesn't matter whether or not you think it's fair, hard, miserable, or whatever. A contract is a legal document. If you don't pay what you owe, they'll just send it to collections and your credit will be trashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom