Canceling phone contract ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Is there anyway to simply just cancel my current phone contract even though it doesn't end for 6 months ? I hate my current phone with a passion and want to switch to the o2 network, because i get no reception with T-Mobile at school - which is where i use my phone 95percent of the time.

Any ideas ? or is it both practically and legally impossible..

Call and say you wanna cancel. Keep in mind you'll have to pay a termination fee (most likely).

Call and say you wanna cancel. Keep in mind you'll have to pay a termination fee (most likely).

I would, but then i found this:

"A cell phone contract is a legally binding contract. According to the contract terms, you must pay a penalty of $400 to end the contract early."

Sod that. The rest of my contract isn't worth that much.

Their has to be a way..

Let your contract expire and then you're out of it.

That or if they recently made a change to their plans and such you may be able to get out of it (I know VZW has this loophole).

Most companys will have a fee, then have a set price multiplied by the remaining months.... It would cost a good $800 to cancel my contract, which is ancient but I renewed every 2 years.... Same contract now doesn't cost that much thought, but I am bound by the old rules... lol kinda stupid imo

Is there anyway to simply just cancel my current phone contract even though it doesn't end for 6 months ? I hate my current phone with a passion and want to switch to the o2 network, because i get no reception with T-Mobile at school - which is where i use my phone 95percent of the time.

Any ideas ? or is it both practically and legally impossible..

They will normally slap you up for a termination fee. Most mobile phone company's will want you to pay out at least the remaining months on your contract. And some times they will slap what they call "Early Termination Fees".

Best thing to do is "Pay out your contract" which will be your paying the remaining 6 months on your contract.

The other thing that you could do is see continue using the phone for another 3 more months, see what the other providers are offering and then see if they will pay out the final few months of your old contract. I know testra will pay out the last 2 months on contracts just to win people's business.

Okay. Seems crap to be honest.

What if i say my phone was stolen and i need the contract ending, what do they do then ?

What if i say my phone was stolen and i need the contract ending, what do they do then ?

Stolen phone or not. If the phone get stolen, then you need to still pay out your contract.
If you took insurance on the phone (not many providered do this any more) then you will get the same phone or closest avalable model.

The only way for you to get in another phone while you are still in your contact is see what your providers "lemon policy" is. Lemon Policy is where your phone get sent in for RMA 3 times under warranty. If it fails the forth time, the option to replace your phone with another model. However check with your provider first.

Or you can try to do what i did. However this was a screw up on my last mobile phone provider and currently I am not so sure if I have been blacklisted or not (I hope not)
For about 3 months, I did not pay my bill. At 2 months, they put call restrictions on my phone. At 3 months, I can not longer get incoming calls. A 1 month later, they handed it over to debt collection agancy. About 3 weeks later, I call up the mobile phone conpany (not the debt collecton agency) with the sob story saying that I was house sitting and I only got back to my place too day. At this stage, it was 2 days after they canceled the phone contract. You pay the phone company what you owe them. You do this one a week end where they can not reactivate your phone.
Wait about 2 weeks, you will get a huge bill in the post saying that you have cancelled your phone contact. Call up the phone company and tell them that you did not authorised your phone to be cancelled. Again do this one a week end.
Wait about another 2 week later, you will get a credit note cancelling the huge bill that you recieved 2 weeks before hand. However for some strange reason they forget to re-active your phone. I managed to get out of 9 months of my previous mobile phone contact. However the problem is that you will loose your phone number. And there is no guarantee that it will work. And I am little worried about going back to them just in case I find that there is a little black flag next to my name. If I find out that is the case, then I will point out to them that it was they who cancel my phone contract and then credited me back the cancellation fee, then forgot to reactivate my phone.

this is to hard.

Maybe i can convince them due to the recession i am suffering severe financial difficulty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom