Canadians...you punks! No...just the <FedEx> customs nonsense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
This is more of a FYI to Buyers/Sellers of TF!

This is kind of funny... I've always shipped to Canada via UPS prior to this, but this time, FedEx was $1 cheaper so I decided to give them a try - what a mistake!

I sold some surround speakers and a sound card to a fellow TF members (you can find the thread if you dig a little) who lives in Canada. Get it packed up and labeled...down to FedEx I go. It starts by "we can't create International Ground labels here...air will be $150+"..."but you can do it online" - so she lets me use their computer to print a label. Cool, all is done, or so I thought.

The fellow TF purchaser said he was happy, although one corner on the sub was damaged...which made me wonder as I packed everything very well (for a mere 1700 mi trip). So nothing was done, all is well.

Come to find out THREE months later, they've been harassing the consignee (receiver of the package) for customs fees, and if they don't get the money from him in a couple weeks, they'll charge it to my account. The amount was $31 CAD, which is more then half of what he paid for the speakers... and Melina from FedEx Int'l Trades says they've sent him eight invoices!

So now I'm thinking it was "customs" who probably opened the package and damaged the speaker, and now are trying to steal even more money. Mind you, the shipping was $35 in itself.

Oh, and all that is after they billed me for an additional 2 lb of the weight, when I had a FedEx man weigh it on their scale, and then sign the air bill. They refunded this one pretty quick...funny what signature will do, eh?

Yeah, just a note-to-all: DON'T SHIP VIA FEDEX! They just out and out suck; try to rip you off in every way possible. I've shipped to Canada many times, via USPS and UPS - never a problem... live 'n learn!

The average fall of a parcel is around 1 metre 20 centimeters... thats right... when you ordered your 3000 Dollars 60 inch plasma scree, its being drop 120 centimeters...you must package VERY well. Especially as its going such a long distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom