Can you prove the moon exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can't 100% prove the moon exists unless you actually personally go to it. just like you can't 100% prove a million dollar exists. you hear about it, read about it, but have you actually HAD a million dollars? you can't 100% prove A LOT of things exist.

you can't 100% prove the moon exists unless you actually personally go to it. just like you can't 100% prove a million dollar exists. you hear about it, read about it, but have you actually HAD a million dollars? you can't 100% prove A LOT of things exist.
You can't actually 100% prove anything. You can get so close to 100% that it's simply not worth doubting though.

The probbility of the moon not existing is not zero, but it is so close to zero that it's simply not worth considering.

Technically speaking, everything you know could be wrong.
It is technically possible that all we see (including the moon) is simply part of a giant computer simulation.

But this is only because the probability can never actually be zero. But again, it is so close to zero that it's simply not worth considering.

yeah, I did repeat myself a bit there.

Wow, my posts got deleted in OT for not being needed, *Chuckles to myself*.. Shouldn't you guys be more worried about those posts that aren't needed in the areas inside the main focus of this site (like computers and technology).. Unless you think telling everybody how bad you want a q6600 in every single thread about them is needed.. Not that I think my posts were useful or anything.. I just see worse.. this is OT too.. just my two cents..

ANYWAY, isn't it impossible to prove anything? for example, say if I say this wallet is black, for all we know, there could be little things around the wallet that make it black that we can't see..? I don't know, it's just something I heard

Wow, my posts got deleted in OT for not being needed, *Chuckles to myself*.. Shouldn't you guys be more worried about those posts that aren't needed in the areas inside the main focus of this site (like computers and technology).. Unless you think telling everybody how bad you want a q6600 in every single thread about them is needed.. Not that I think my posts were useful or anything.. I just see worse.. this is OT too.. just my two cents..
Did you actually read those posts?
ANYWAY, isn't it impossible to prove anything? for example, say if I say this wallet is black, for all we know, there could be little things around the wallet that make it black that we can't see..? I don't know, it's just something I heard
'black' is just a label for the absence of light.

'colour' is just our brain's interpretation of one or a mixed frequency/frequencies of electromagnetic waves in the spectrum detectable by the light sensitive cells in our eyes.

Any object will do one or more of three things:
  • absorb all visible light frequencies
  • reflect one or a range of visible light frequencies (either smoothly, like a mirror, or scattered in random directions)
  • let one or a range of frequencies pass right through it
objects we define as 'black' just have the first attribute. They absorb all visible light frequencies.
Objects that have a specific colour (non-black) will have the second, third, or the second and third attribute.

The colour people perceive depends on which frequency or frequencies of light are reflected, or are let through (or are not reflected or let through), as well as how your brain interprets them (different people can perceive colours differently, especially colour blind people)

Look up in the sky at night. See that big, bright, white ball? That's the moon. Where's my 100k?

Now what, make someone prove that the sun is real? Oh I got it, lets make someone prove our very existence.

Look up in the sky at night. See that big, bright, white ball? That's the moon. Where's my 100k?

Now what, make someone prove that the sun is real? Oh I got it, lets make someone prove our very existence.

That white ball might just be a big projector...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom