Can you prove the moon exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you know our lives is only part of a computer simulation? I read about it in an article not too long back.

Yeah I've read it too, the fun would be if those who are simulating us in a computer are simulated by real people and just think they made something useful.

An interesting opinion I heard was that the moon was an alien spaceship. True? If it was, imagine how awesome that would be..

I've also done to another forum member cloning if you know what I mean. So next time whoever's user clone you are, make 7 posts elsewhere for not tending to be so obvious. Total Numbers of Posts : 0 (I know that Miscellaneous don't count, but how many uncounted posts can someone with 0 other posts do?)

Why the rubber ball over the bathtub didn't work: Both are inside the Earth's gravitational field. Had they been outside of it and had their own gravitational field, there would have been an attraction.

This thread is yet another example of just how stupid people can be. If the idiot doesn't want to believe there is a moon, then nothing will convince him. Even taking him there would just make him babble about movie studios and governmental conspiracies.

Denying the Holocaust is a slap in the face of not only the survivors, but the very soldiers who fought (and died) for the freedom of those who were to be put to death in it. The sheer enormity of the audacity it takes to even think something like that. An excess of six million lives were extinguished during the Holocaust, and those people deserve better than being cast aside and accused of never existing.

unfortunately, there will always be fools out there who spout such BS. I knew a few in school who were of this vein. They were stupid to me then, and they are even more stupid to me now that I am older and a tad wiser.

Of course we, as average citizens, can't provide physical evidence. But we can use physics to provide mathematical evidence. And if he used a theory of Newtons to disprove the existence of the Moon, he must understand that Newton's theories have been modified and built on in the last two hundred years. Newton was a pioneer but he was by no means the be all, end all of science.

Well, I looked up at the sky tonight and saw the moon, therefore it exists in whatever form it may be. Go around trying to prove stuff like this gets you into the "do we really exist" crap. People smoke way too much weed...

I'm sure this has got to be satire.

That being said, on a very minor technicality, they are right. You can't technically absolutely prove anything.

However, it is much more useful to follow the mathematical probabilities behind it. The probability of the moon not existing is not zero, but it is so minutely small that it is simply not worth considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom