Can Someone Help Me With Some Components?

HIMEM.SYS is an _________ driver that provides access to _______________ memory.

• EMS, high

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XMS, expanded

• XMS, extended

• EMS, extended

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gackt

Beta member
12 courier royal Blue

Hello, Im trying to Build a cheap cheap gaming notebook. Seriously...like under 400 bucks. Is it possible to make one like such? If so, can someone give me the website or pieces i can buy to build it? Thanks!

A. At this time, it is almost impossible to build a notebook PC from scratch.

B. If you are wanting to build a system for little $$$, build a desktop.

C. You're not getting anything more than a High end P2 or Very low end P3 for under 400 bucks.

D. For the latest games, you're going to need about a 4 times faster notebook than what you can get for 400 USD.

Yea what they said, desktops are much better for gaming, and $400 isnt going to get you very far if you want it for gaming.

For $400, you are talking about one of those Dells with 128MB of RAM, a Celeron processor, a plain CD-ROM drive (no burner), and integrated Intel graphics. For serious gaming as in Doom 3 and HL2, you are going to need to spend at least $1000. You will need up around $1500-$2000 if you want to play those games with all the graphics effects enabled.

for gaming I reccomend at the very least a Geforce 4 Ti 4x00 or Fx5200, and a P4 2.0

what I would reccomend for a descent system is a P4 2.8, and Radeon 9600 Pro/XT

Lowest spec for todays games would be 2.0Ghz. You might be able to find some thing around that.
2.0Ghz CPU, 256Mb Ram, MX440 64Mb Video, Hard Drive, Modem, Nic, Floppy, Case, PSU, keyboard, mouse.

If i needed AU$400 badly, I might sell you the basics (Just the box) of my "SuperSonicB!tch"(see specs below). But I need that computer for leeching.

Well, hmm....is there anyway i can build a Notebook with just the basics like word processor and internet for under USD500? I was thinking of gaming but maybe ill just design that LAter...anyway...a nice notebook, sleak, but not USD1,000 cause im just a high school student and i hjavent sold any scripts lately so i have NO! money...please help computer geniuses!! :O

uhh... You can get a fairly good used notebook for USD500... I got a P3 650, 256MB RAM, sleek notebook for $500 at a local used computer shop.

you can't build a notebook, only the big companies can cause they can have some smuck in india build it(plus all the big companies design their own parts for notebooks[i think]) If you want a notebook for cheap, it will most likely have to be used and it won't be very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom