Can I borrow a floppy disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
My (technically challaged) flatmate just asked me if he could borrow a floppy disk. Unfortunatly, I don't have any, and I have not baught a pack of floppies in about 5 years. Nor have I knocked off a pack from work in about 3 years.

Currently I am amusing myself and he trashes (cursing and swearing at the same time) his bed room / study / his-end-of-the-house in search that he might finally find a floppy disk.

This is going to be amusing.......

Anyyways, it made me think.....

When was the last time I really used a floppy disk?

none of my computer have floppy either. i've used nero to turn a winME startup diskette into a bootable CD. i place ghost2k3.exe on it.

eventually i will figure out how to use the ghost commandline switches and to make a DOS menu so i can start writing a tutorial on how to make your own homemade restore CD.

I still use floppies all the time. If I have a small file that I want to take with me or put on my parents' computer or something, I find it's fastest just to stick it on a floppy. :confused:

Ton's of 'em.......

I still have tons of the 3 1/2" floppys since it is easy to transfer small files with 'em like Emily said.

I even have a few 5 1/4" ones, but I don't know what to do with them since they don't fit in anything. I guess it's trash time!

Dave :D

Yeah, I got me a large amount of floppies. But I dont use 'em. The floppy drive in my dads computer refuses to work, so that eliminates all the need for floppies in my household. I either use my flash stick (PNY Attache 64mb for $30, cant really go wrong) to swap files around, or I transport them via my network. My mom's computer dosent like the flash stick, so I gotta stick to the slow network for transferring to or from her computer. But who uses floppies anymore, what are you a jerk?

heh, i occasionally still use them. however, i usually just backup files to cds..or for smaller stuff i will use a thumbdrive.

I used one the other day...Boot disk. Never had any other use for them. I have a network set up for file transfers...

I use a pendrive for all kinds of file storage ... Haven't had a floppy drive itself for over 4 yrs now ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom