Camera advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The camcorder seems like a very good price, and JVC makes good camcorders. I tried a VHS-C one a few years back, and it was exceptional quality. Battery life is usually weak on camcorders, but 3 hours is very nice :D

As for that camcorder, the HD is amazingly large, and can fit alot of data on it.

After buying PSP, accessories, etc. the price will be pretty high though. So watch out for that stuff.

Google the camcorder, and read other reviews on it. See what others think.

*I see you have been reading my sig about the Future Shop long weekend sale?*

stay far far away from HDD cams..... Waste of time, just get a MiniDV camcorder. Save money, and the video quality will surpass the HDD's cams.

talldude123 said:
*I see you have been reading my sig about the Future Shop long weekend sale?*

This is not from that sale man. I think that one ended a few days ago.. I usually don't buy stuff from FS, unless it's on sale. :mad:

uzi9mm said:
stay far far away from HDD cams..... Waste of time, just get a MiniDV camcorder. Save money, and the video quality will surpass the HDD's cams.

I am presuming the MiniDV's are rewritable? If so, how many times?

ANd I guess they connect to the PC over USB or firewire.

its highly recommended that you do not rewrite over any time, but you should safely be able to write over it 3 times.

And to transfer video its all done on firewire. You can do it on USB, but thats if your camcorder encodes it real time to a different compressed format.

I've played around with the JVC Everios a decent amount and I like them a lot more than mini dv cameras. They can record at dvd quality, better than mini dv if I'm not mistaken. 8+hrs of video on a hard disk sure beats 60 mins. ona single tape and 30 mins on a mini dvd. Why don't you like the, Uzi?

well i just like minidv, because they are no hassle editing solution......

Yeah you might be able to edit video by transferring already encoded video from your HDD cam, but that stuff is already encoded and not in it uncompressed entirety.

Also a miniDV theoretically should look better because uncompressed DV-AVI should be 25mbps for each second video. A DVD quality video comes out around 9mbps, if it even gets that high.

Just take a look at all of the pro cameras...... They are not DVD based.

If I remember correctly these Everios record to AVI in their dvd-quality format, you can get like 6-8 hrs of footage that way, otherwise you can get up to 24 hrs of video doing other lower quality formats. I do like the sheer convenience of not haivng to carry arounds tons o tapes, I think it's sorta like film camera (~24 pix/roll) versus a digital camera with a big memory card (400+ pix). Just my opinion tho.
Chankama you might want to do some test recordings at an electronics store with a mini dv/hdd camera and what one you like shooting with/editing and how the quality is. If they're not total dix there they should be fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom