California Profitional Permit???!!!!????

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidp423

In Runtime
California Provisional Permit???!!!!????

In Calfirnia you have to get your drivers permit and have that for atleast six months before applying for licence test... It says you get it at 15 1/2 at DMV - but can I get it when I turn 15 and not waight the extra six months till 15 1/2 to get my permit...I want to have my permit for a year until I'm 16 - when I take the licence test... , because I want the extra practice n stuff...

also when can u get a motorcycle permit....

Simon said:
Here you go all the information you will need.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl.htm

Hope you plan on driving a manual.
yup stick is the way too go... but i was wondering if theyll let me get my permit at 15 not 15 1/2 cause i dont want to wait the extra 1/2 year.. .ill still take my license test at 16 i just want to have my permit for a year??

i am probably the dumbest person on earth

i am 17, turning 18 in 5 months, and havent tried to get my license yet.

maybe when i grad...

I dont know about down there, but up in Washington, you can get your permit at 15 if you are enrolled in a drivers ed class.

Too lazy to go through that page, but does the Drivers ED thing apply for California too? If so, I gotta go take it this summer.

I'll be driving stick, what does that have to do with anything?

I don't really see how this is a question. If the california law book says 15 1/2 then there's no way around that, simple as that. Your parents should know, or if anything, call the DMV and ask them. Forums in which it's a bunch of people who might have just gotten their license themself PLUS most are from a myriad of states and even countries here so very few will know californias laws.

Besides, the thought of a 15 1/2 year old driving is scary enough muchless wanting to get on the road even earlier.

I'll be driving stick, what does that have to do with anything
has nothing to do with getting your license. If anything I'd suggest manual only because unless you're just thoroughly used to it and even maybe then, most people are a bit nervous during the test so you might make some stupid mistakes.

As far as the driver ED goes you will be required to get in like 6 hours of behind the wheel driving with the instructor as well as some class time, plus of course passing a few tests. Been so long though I forgot how long that whole process even lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom