calculating speed/velocity using GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
600mph!? !!! What kind of model plane is that!? PICS!

it is a project my friends and I are doing. We are in the research stages. You dont need to shoot down any of our ideas, we have been bouncing this off some chemists and such. We are going to power it with rocket fuel. I will def post pics and video if we ever get it up and running. I will also keep you guys updated with progress of the computer end of things. So yes, it will be fast.

oh we have almost all of it worked out. I will give you a small intro when I reboot. I need to work something out. brb.

So here is what we will do...
we are gonna mix two chemicals together, each held in metal tubes in our plane. The chemicals will be pushed through using compressed NO2, and they will react in a certain part of the plane, built to withstand really high temps, and then the heat will push out air that will move our plane. The reaction will reach a temp of about 1750C, or we will dilute enough to make it only about 1550C so that the metal we need isnt as expensive. Then we have an onboard computer (protected from the heat) to fly it with. We are now working out all the ways to control it.

Please dont tell me how crazy we are or any of that. We just started, running into lots of problems and fixing them. it has been done before, and we will make it work :D we have only the best minds in our school working on it. Just so you guys know.

Ok from what I just read you are trying to make a rocket plane simmiler to the late german ww2 design of the Me 163. You are going to be powering it with a binary flue mix. Well all i can say is good luck the germans had trouble during the fuleing stage an many quite simply exploded during the process. Now if i was making such a craft i would use a single fule design many people have made them at home for various reasons an there is even a few designs on instructables.

I would suggest you also consider pulse jet as a meens of propulsion its simple to build one, i have seen one made from scrap parts on a TV show called scrap heap challenge not to mention the fact that you have a longer lasting supply of fule as its not all burned up leaving you to fly as a glider.

Well I'd definitely be interested to see how you approach the aerodynamic problems you'll face as well as the engine.

I am interested on how they are going to face the aerodynamics question myself I have a member of my family who is a aeronautical designer in my family an he said to me it takes years to develop the right characteristics for a aircraft to fly well not to mention safely.

Ok from what I just read you are trying to make a rocket plane simmiler to the late german ww2 design of the Me 163. You are going to be powering it with a binary flue mix. Well all i can say is good luck the germans had trouble during the fuleing stage an many quite simply exploded during the process. Now if i was making such a craft i would use a single fule design many people have made them at home for various reasons an there is even a few designs on instructables.

I would suggest you also consider pulse jet as a meens of propulsion its simple to build one, i have seen one made from scrap parts on a TV show called scrap heap challenge not to mention the fact that you have a longer lasting supply of fule as its not all burned up leaving you to fly as a glider.

I am interested on how they are going to face the aerodynamics question myself I have a member of my family who is a aeronautical designer in my family an he said to me it takes years to develop the right characteristics for a aircraft to fly well not to mention safely.

well you are exactly right. We do plan on using the Me 163 as a base. That is where the idea came from. aerodynamics question has already been done really. I mean we can use a plane that already exists. But we are throwing all kinds of ideas around, not sure which one we will land on.

and the germans did all the testing for us. They did find out what would NOT explode. We wont be doing any trying out new chemical equations, only using their's.

The one drawback of that design is it was a weapon of desperation, some of the pilots who flew it said once was enough. I was watching a show on the history channel an a guy said it had the glide slope comparable to that of a rock, not to mention the fact that there is no landing gear on it you have to essentially perform a controlled crash landing.

The one drawback of that design is it was a weapon of desperation, some of the pilots who flew it said once was enough. I was watching a show on the history channel an a guy said it had the glide slope comparable to that of a rock, not to mention the fact that there is no landing gear on it you have to essentially perform a controlled crash landing.

we probably wont be flying one. We are most likely only going to build a scaled down model. We will be controlling it remotely, and our concentration of h202 will be less because we are going to use a less expensive metal. So we wont have those problems. We basically know how crazy it is. But how crazy awesome would it be to do it? ya know? we are young and pretty much out of our minds, but what he heck, if nothing else it will be fun and I will learn a lot about chemistry stuff.

Please don't take what i just said as discouragement I am just interested in this I used to build model aircraft when i was younger.

Please don't take what i just said as discouragement I am just interested in this I used to build model aircraft when i was younger.

oh its cool. I was just hoping for an answer to the question that the thread is on :D Thought maybe all the smart people on here could give me some extra info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom