cable TV configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

scavin

Baseband Member
hi,

can someone tell me how to split telewest cable tv so i can view it on 2 tvs. i have BB also. A step by step would be appreciated.

cheers

don't double post//crosspost

btw, wouldn't you need 2 boxes (those..uhh channel switching boxes :D) to do that? or do you just directly plug the cable line into your TV..

can't you call telewest to do this?

the living room will have the box and bedroom will watch whatever living room is watching.

can someone send me a link to a website so i know what type of splitter i need..

thnx

Just any cable splitter. You may want a splitter with an amp. I am using one in the 50-400mhz range for my TV (It's an amplifier with 4 outputs)

They are illegal / forbidden in some places however since your not paying for an extra TV. Best buy, radio shack ect should have them.

Unless the living room is far across the house form the bedroom I doubt he'd need an amplified one.

Just a plain ol' cable splitter:
16-2568.jpg

RadioShack is expensive. I've found one cheaper in the electronics section of my grocery store.

Yes, but unless he is really picky about it I wouldn't think it would be necessary. Now if he were to have more than two TVs hooked up to the same connection, he might want it amplified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom