:( Bye Texas (Hurricaine Rita)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seria said:
IsnÂ’t it funny that every time something happens the gas prices go up? ....blah blah blah <snip!>

most of our oil supply comes from the gulf region. last month nearly 1/3 of our resources was wiped out when katrina hit louisiana.
houston is a city built around the oil industry. if the price goes up.. its because the beaumont/pt arthur area just got WIPED out. i actually grew up in beaumont..we never had cool team names.. always had something to do with oil. (spindletop, oilers, etc...)
now i live in houston. if houston gets hit, we are screwed because beaumont and louisiana are umm out of comission and 1/2 of the states refineries come from houston.
anyway, they aren't jacking up gas prices to make your world miserable.:rolleyes:

Rmaia said:
we didnt hardly get anything in houston in the end.
i'm in north east houston. we just got a lot of wind ... some rain. how long was your power out? the power grid to the east is distroyed.. or "totaled" as my friend put it. he flies for the power co. it took them 4 days to get our power back on .. i couldnt figure out which felt better.. 100 degrees outside, or 100 degrees in:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom