A business proposition ( Don't delete this mods - it isnt spam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh! hahah i was like....why ebay?

but, if theres a part over here thats lets say 100 cheaper (as i hear happens alot) then jsut get a forum member to buy it, and ship it over. Youll save like 40 bucks hopefuly

You still arent taking into account the FINAL PRICE FEE. If it sells for 600 bucks, then its going to have close to a 60 dollar fee charged at the end.

Example...I paid 4 dollars in listing fees to sell my GT a while back. It sold for 230. Ebay charged me 7 dollars more at the end of the auction. Then paypal took another 7 dollars. And this was BEFORE the ebay fees went up last month. So to sell a 230 card, i spent 20 dollars in fees. And fees have almost doubled since then.

I don't think this type of thing works with regards to affordability...

they could work like some of those places using this model I am sure some are familiar with

US - Geneis $90
Import company, buys Mega Drive, sells here, $150

it may be different based on volume...but here's using Ups.com

UPS Air Freight DirectSM
(Non-Guaranteed) 128.15 USD

UPS ExpressSM Freight
(Guaranteed) 974.53 USD

UPS Air Freight ConsolidatedSM
(Non-Guaranteed) 106.15 USD

Quantity Dimensions / Type Weight Each
1 12 x 10 x 8 (in.) / Pallets 5 (lbs.)

only really works with big distributors ;)

no that cant be. First off, the ups system is messed up. It said i owed 500 on a psu sized box. Unless the president of the company is hand delivering it, no ****ing way. Also, no one could afford to ship anything ever if that was the cost.

guru you ever want me to ship ya something, i can.

;) I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

VAT - You don't have to pay import duty in the UK if the item is marked as a gift... which i guess it would be...;)

Actually it's not really like that anymore...even if it's marked gift there's a good chance they will check it and you will have to pay tax. It's really luck of the draw....I bought my e6300 from Nukem and I was lucky that wasn't taxed...

lol, love the warning.

I've always had this idea, except it is to help out our Canadian tech forums users. Like if they find a good deal on Newegg, they can get it shipped to a respected tech forums member and the member will forward it to Canada for a fee.

Canadian prices are more or less pretty much the same nowadays, sometimes cheaper:

9800GX2

Canada:Buy Cheap 9800GX2 - Price Comparison - Canada

US:Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Q6600

Canada:Buy Cheap q6600 - Price Comparison - Canada

US: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Australia and the UK/Europe are expensive

You could make your own very small website where people could post a link to the newegg item and next to it a profit area where they say how much extra they can pay for postage and to you for the effort.... Because if you want, im your man. :cool:

You could make your own very small website where people could post a link to the newegg item and next to it a profit area where they say how much extra they can pay for postage and to you for the effort.... Because if you want, im your man. :cool:

What do you mean i would create this website for customers from the UK to look at and buy products that have had a mark up to cover shipping ( and make me a bit of profit)?

I then pass the order onto you and pay you a bit for your efforts and for shipping?
Or do you mean something completely different!

Pretty much, except that people post themselves what items they want and they also add as a separate cost the shipping and what they would be willing to pay extra for your efforts.

You can then choose if you want to help someone out and if you do you can make abit of profit on the side. :)

Here, i made a mockup in FireWorks:

1062319991GUI1.png

Dont forget, its not just price, sometimes a product is really hard to find in a country.. cough* cough* Australia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom