Bush Violates Search Engine Privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
COURT DOCUMENTS have revealed precisely what Google thinks of the Bush administrationÂ’s demand that it hand over information on its punters' search results.

According to Siliconvalley.com, Google has called the Bush administration's request for data on Web searches "so uninformed as to be nonsensical".

It has said that turning over the information would expose its trade secrets and violate the privacy of its users. The Justice Department asked a federal judge to force Google to turn over the data last month, so that the White House can use the material to defend its big idea for an Child Online Protection Act, which was struck down as unconstitutional.

The government says that it had not asked Google for information relating to the identity of its users. Google said people sometimes search for their Social Security numbers or for their credit card numbers or other personal data and the government could use that information.

It also wanted to know what the government would do with all this data

I think the bush administration is just really p!ssed off at google.

Go to google, type in the word "failure" search...

Post back the link of the very first website at the top of the page.

Tyler1989 said:
COURT DOCUMENTS have revealed precisely what Google thinks of the Bush administrationÂ’s demand that it hand over information on its punters' search results.

According to Siliconvalley.com, Google has called the Bush administration's request for data on Web searches "so uninformed as to be nonsensical".

It has said that turning over the information would expose its trade secrets and violate the privacy of its users. The Justice Department asked a federal judge to force Google to turn over the data last month, so that the White House can use the material to defend its big idea for an Child Online Protection Act, which was struck down as unconstitutional.

The government says that it had not asked Google for information relating to the identity of its users. Google said people sometimes search for their Social Security numbers or for their credit card numbers or other personal data and the government could use that information.

It also wanted to know what the government would do with all this data

1. What court struck it down as unconstitutional? If it's some 2nd level circuit court, I don't want to hear about it. They have the ability to interpret the law, not decide what legislation is passed.

2. The government isn't going to expose any kind of information to the public. It is merely for the protection and monitoring of illegal activity. And hey, if you're not doing anything illegal, what's the harm?

3. The goverment should have the data just in case. Better safe than sorry. Always error on the side of caution.

I hate the media...

Ryan

I know... I'm boycotting google. That's no way to treat an honorable President. He's trying to protect people. People are so worthless... Pop culture is making me have very sour thoughts about the future of America.

Ryan

Court
Supreme Court
Arbitration

You don't need to through politics into court. I see so your guilty till proven innocent a nice thought. The harm is a violation of Privacy, a powerfull leader once said "we will take their freedoms away so slowely they will not relise they lost anything.".

YAY, another 10 page long bush bashing fest has just started. Congratulations.

This is at the core Bush's fualt yes but it is about the violation of a constitutional right. If I was out to bash him I would have called him "a dog who lied about torture" and post a video that had video footage of it.

Tyler1989 said:
You don't need to through politics into court. I see so your guilty till proven innocent a nice thought. The harm is a violation of Privacy, a powerfull leader once said "we will take their freedoms away so slowely they will not relise they lost anything.".

Exactly. The liberals still have a foothold barely in the court system and are using it as a way to advance thier agenda. I don't see why they think everyone has to listen to them when they're clearly not the majority.

Ryan

Re: Re: Bush Violates Search Engine Privacy

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
1. What court struck it down as unconstitutional? If it's some 2nd level circuit court, I don't want to hear about it. They have the ability to interpret the law, not decide what legislation is passed.

2. The government isn't going to expose any kind of information to the public. It is merely for the protection and monitoring of illegal activity. And hey, if you're not doing anything illegal, what's the harm?

3. The goverment should have the data just in case. Better safe than sorry. Always error on the side of caution.

I hate the media...

Ryan

Ah the media, they know nothing, they inform you about an event and twist it so your not getting any of the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom