Bush and broadband...grrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well nubius you gotta realize that some areas (like mine now) only supports 28.8k on our lines. so im paying (or actually my dad) for 28.8 at 24$ just like beed said.
I could have sworn numerous times you said you were on 56k and your dad wouldn't get broadband.

I don't see how your phone line can only support 28.8k.......old ass phone lines support 56k dude. I have family in muleshoe texas thats probably more of a pitiful cow town than venus texas (don't know for sure, can't say I've heard of that either) and they have 56k, so I don't see how your 'lines' only support 28.8k honestly.

As far as japan vs us in prices go.........japan makes all that damn crap so of course they are going to have insane connections at cheaper prices.

$24 per month for 28.8kbps dial-up

Holy crap! thats like $40 AuD

I pay $15 a month(like $8US) for 56k... but we just upgraded to 1.5/256 ADSL, for $50 a month.. I so cant wait!! 5-10 days to get our modems :(

ADSL2 is coming here soon, 12mpbs.. about $50 a month on a 15GB plan.. although I dont know the point of 15gig.. if i had 12mpbs id do that in a day

Nubius said:
I don't see how your phone line can only support 28.8k.......old ass phone lines support 56k dude. I have family in muleshoe texas thats probably more of a pitiful cow town than venus texas (don't know for sure, can't say I've heard of that either) and they have 56k, so I don't see how your 'lines' only support 28.8k honestly.

If you are remote enough, you can be stuck on 28.8 as the lines are that bad.

It's not the modems fault, it's not the ISP fault. It the phone line in between.

I have done service work on places that are a Technological Back Water.

I have done service work on places that are a Technological Back Water.
lol trust me, that muleshoe texas is stuck quite a few decades back in time. Your nearest neighbor is about 10 miles down the road.

So technically AOL doesn't offer 28.8 for $24, you just happen to pay that much for that speed because of crappy local :p

I could have sworn numerous times you said you were on 56k and your dad wouldn't get broadband.
That was when i was living in north richland hills where they had everything. And i live on some private property where they put shit for lines out here which we suspect they are coroded over cause i actually only get a 26.4 connection. In the actual town of venus (like where the homes are and school) they get 56k but i live out past the homsteads on private property which was old farm land. thats why i have 28.8 and the avalibility for broadband was in where i used to live.
So technically AOL doesn't offer 28.8 for $24, you just happen to pay that much for that speed because of crappy local
exactly:mad:

GrimReaper23 said:
I got adelphia

$55/month+cable lease, not to mention the only thing that's good about it is it's dl speed, it's servers suck (adelphia's)

i would get dsl here if i could get it

I lived with dialup for like 7years.. so you can too, its not that bad.. just means you cant download games n that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom