Burglar murdered..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you should be able to kill an intruder unless they had a weapon themselves... Harm him, disable him, wound him, whatever. But killing him might be a little too much if they didn't have a weapon.

Shouldn't be punished... Here if they are in your house uninvited and you have a legitimate fear for your life and you kill the intruder its self defense.

Shouldn't be punished... Here if they are in your house uninvited and you have a legitimate fear for your life and you kill the intruder its self defense.

Not here.. you would have a difficult case on your hands. Unless there was good evidence they were attacking with intent to kill (deadly weapon), killing them would not be looked on very well. If they start hitting you, your probably okay to hurt them enough to incapacitate them but that's about it.

Although a judge is obviously going to be more sympathetic if you murdered someone intruding your home than just aimlessly killing someone on the street.

Personally i think you should be allowed to seriously injur them, and if it kills them then oh well. What i mean is, shooting them in the head should be a no-go unless they are hurting you. But if you catch them and shoot them in the leg, thats okay, and if they then later die then meh... :p

You should never aim for anything other than center mass in a home defense situation since the stress of the situation will make hitting anything more difficult than normal.

Generally I would prefer the intruder did not die in the process of incapacitating them but then again they were the ones who decided to roll the dice. The problem is most weapons that are guaranteed to stop a man are also fatal such as 00 buck shot and in that case the homeowners safety takes priority.

Thankfully here the law is on the side of the homeowner and you are permitted to use anything including deadly force to protect yourself against intruders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom