Building a go kart out of an existing mower - help!

Nope. But we're not trying to race this thing, either :p Just need a project, and I'd love to take this lil' ****er out to camp.

Well, that is true, it is a lawn mower, won't have much speed behind it, while my go-kart is capable of highway speeds, which is why it wants to tip in turns. XD

Well, that is true, it is a lawn mower, won't have much speed behind it, while my go-kart is capable of highway speeds, which is why it wants to tip in turns. XD

If I put that engine in an actually go kart it'd go pretty fast :p I do have a 17hp V-twin Kawasaki (I know, I know. Kawasaki sucks. It was free) in the other garage... Maybe I'll buy a frame and put that in it... Omg....

As long as you plan to only go in a straight line you'll be OK, too high of a center of gravity with the current seat position. I would recommend lowering it if at all possible. You should be able to get some decent speed out of a 7HP engine, especially if you remove any governor and change the gearing.

As long as you plan to only go in a straight line you'll be OK, too high of a center of gravity with the current seat position. I would recommend lowering it if at all possible. You should be able to get some decent speed out of a 7HP engine, especially if you remove any governor and change the gearing.

I'm going to work on the gearing after work tonight. And yeah, if you put it in neutral and go down the hill and make a turn you're on two wheels. Gonna cut that seat off (it's uncomfortable as hell) and change up the steering column. If I actually get this to work, I'm going to buy just a frame off Craigslist and drop that V-twin in it. Vroom, vroom!

Pro tip.

nos-ls2-plate.jpg

Back
Top Bottom