Building a gaming rig, for selling locally. Need feedback on my pricing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you dont know rave, crysalis is a certified audio engineer.

he knows what he's talking about, and yes m-powered will run with an m-audio box but only that version will. The others only run with digidesign hardware.

As was said you dont need to provide programs with the system, not to mention cracked programs.

7.4 is used by 80 percent of the industry, and m-powered allows u you use an m-powered box....

Yes indeed. I am quite aware.

Since no piece of digidesign hardware is less then $1,000, I suggest you bump your price up, unless somehow some way your buyer automatically has a piece of digidesign hardware sitting in the corner.

If you installed M-powered, what are the chances of them having an M-powered compatible device laying around?

Just don't install it.

Ricanflow said:
...not to mention cracked programs

Digidesign is quite good at anti-piracy. Their software will only work if their hardware is detected. It just will not work.

and of course, as you can see, their hardware is not cheap. :eek::freak:

Well thing is Fl Studio is different, its mainly a sequencer for creating beats/rythyms.

In terms of recording, you can use many other programs like sonar which is my favorite. But protools in industry standard so if you wanna get anywhere, you have to learn it.

Just like windows is standard in terms of computing.

I have to say, as much as I LOVE pro tools, I always seem to turn back to Sonar for my home stuff. I have protools, but something about Sonar makes me go back to it. It is so comparable and some an awesome program now that ProTools sometimes just doesnt' do it for me.

Rican is right. ProTools is standard with Logic following closely behind, so if you want to get anywhere in the audio industry, you have to know them. I have yet to go in a studio that doesn't have it and use it exclusively

I have to say, as much as I LOVE pro tools, I always seem to turn back to Sonar for my home stuff. I have protools, but something about Sonar makes me go back to it. It is so comparable and some an awesome program now that ProTools sometimes just doesnt' do it for me.

Rican is right. ProTools is standard with Logic following closely behind, so if you want to get anywhere in the audio industry, you have to know them. I have yet to go in a studio that doesn't have it and use it exclusively

I suppose if you want to get ahead you have to play ball. Why would they use Logic pro though? Isn't that pro tools with its junk cut off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom