Brotherhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
A somewhat lengthy read, but I couldn't agree more...I've been saying the same damn things for years now, and I know some of you have as well. This guy is simply more patient, can write better than me, and get the point across better :p

Couldn't freakin agree more and it's about time I've seen something like this.

Sorry for yet another thread on 'racism' and crap like that brought on by katrina, but this was pretty well written.

"In Katrina I Didn't See Racism, I Saw Brotherhood"

by Rabbi Aryeh Spero, Posted Sep 7, 2005

In New Orleans, beginning Tuesday morning, August 30, I saw men in helicopters risking their lives to save stranded flood victims from rooftops. The rescuers were White, the stranded Black. I saw Caucasians navigating their small, private boats in violent, swirling, toxic floodwaters to find fellow citizens trapped in their houses. Those they saved were Black.

I saw Brotherhood. New York Congressman Charlie Rangel saw Racism. Yes, there are Two Americas. One is the real America, where virtually every person I know sends money, food or clothes to those in need -- now and in other crises -- regardless of color. This America is colorblind.

The other is the America fantasized and manufactured by Charlie Rangel, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who constantly cry "racism!" even in situations where it does not exist, even when undeniable images illustrate love, compassion and concern. These three men, together with today's NAACP, want to continue the notion of Racist America. It is their Mantra, their calling card. Their power, money, and continued media appearances depend on it.

Often, people caught up in accusing others of sin neglect to undergo their own personal introspection. They begin to think they alone inhabit the moral high ground. It is high time these men peered into their own hearts at the dark chamber that causes this unceasing labeling of their fellow Americans as "racist." They may find in that chamber their own racism -- against Whites.

There is only one real America. Beginning Friday morning in Houston, thousands of regular citizens poured into the Astrodome offering water, food, clean clothes, personal items, baby diapers and toys, love and even their homes to the evacuees who had been bused in from New Orleans. Most of the givers were White, most of those being helped were Black.

But there was Jesse Jackson, busy on TV, accusing the country of not putting Blacks -- i.e., him -- on some type of Commission he is demanding. Where was he early in the week? Not sweating with others from around the country who had scraped their last dollar to come help.

With Jesse, it's always about Jesse. After decades of hearing accusations from Jesse, Al, Charlie, the NAACP and certain elitists about how racist America is, it would have been refreshing to hear them for once give thanks to those they for years have been maligning. These self-anointed spokesmen for the Black community lead only when it comes to foisting guilt and condemnation, and not when it comes to acknowledging the good in those they have made a career in castigating.

As a Rabbi I have a message I wish to offer to my fellow members of the cloth, Reverends Jackson and Sharpton: It is time to do some soul searching. Your continued efforts to tear this country apart, even in light of the monumental goodness shown by your White brothers, is a sin.

There are no churches in the world like the American churches. And there are no better parishioners and members of churches anywhere in the world. These churches are saving the day. Their members -- infused by the special and singular teachings of our unique American Judeo-Christian understanding of the Bible -- are, at this moment, writing an historic chapter in giving, initiative, and selflessness.

They are opening their homes to strangers. They are doing what government is incapable of doing America works because of its faith-based institutions. It always has. That is what makes it America.

So next time the ACLU tries to diminish and marginalize the churches, saying there is no role for religion in American public life, that an impenetrable wall must be erected separating the citizens from their faith, cry out "Katrina."

Next time the ACLU goes to court asking that U.S. soldiers not be allowed to say Grace in the Mess Hall and that communities be forbidden from setting up a nativity scene, ask yourself: without the motivation of Goodness sourced in Faith, would people offer such sacrifice? Where else does this Brotherhood come from but the Bible which teaches "Thou Shall Love Thy Neighbor as Yourself."

I saw brotherhood on Fox News, where 24/7 reporters used their perch as a clearing-house for search-and-rescue missions and communication between the stranded and those in position to save. In contrast, the Old-line networks continued with their usual foolish, brain-numbing programming. Those who always preach "compassion" chose profit over people.

The New York Times has utterly failed America. Its columnists could have used their talents and word skills to inspire and unite a nation. Columnists such as Frank Rich and Paul Krugman, however, revealed their true colors by evading their once-in-a-lifetime chance to help and instead chose to divide, condemn, and fuel the fires and poison the waters of Louisiana. In them, I saw no brotherhood.

The newspaper always preaching "compassion" verifies Shakespeare's "They protest too much." Similar elitists here in the northeast and on the west coast have over the years expressed their view of the South as "unsophisticated" and Texans "cowboys."

Well, the South has come through, especially Houston and other parts of Texas, whereas, as I write this on Labor Day, the limousine moralizers are lying on east and west coast beaches thinking they're doing their part by reading Times' editorials and calling George Bush "racist."

How sanctimonious life becomes when proving you are not a racist depends not on living in a truly integrated neighborhood, but by simply calling others racist.

Like so often in history, facts trump platitudes. Reality reigns. Those who always preach brotherhood, thus far have acted devoid of it. Those who for decades have been accused by elitists of not having compassion are the ones living it. They are the churches, the military and the sons and daughters of the South.

I agree however I have a bit to put in.

-They were not helped quick enough. This was for a few reasons, one of them is red tape, which your goverment is uber covered in. The other was the citizens were not the most important people still left their.

-The only real racism I see these days is actually from non-white people. I went to a very bad school once, where some races basicly claimed jihad on white people.

"I'll put a jihad out on YOU"

They were not helped quick enough. This was for a few reasons, one of them is red tape, which your goverment is uber covered in. The other was the citizens were not the most important people still left their.
for ONCE try not to always take something that happened in the US and immediately make a comment on the government...I'll give you a cookie if you can manage to do that.

From everything I saw here, they were getting help as quickly as they could, but the whole shooting people, rioting, looting, raping, insane chaos, some peoples refusal to evacuate and the mayors and governors fleeing without making use of little things like the busses didnt help.....but this crap isn't about that, it's mainly geared towards the dumbasses like sharpton and jesse jackson always pulling the race card in the most ridiculous of times.

Beyond all that kudos to you for actually reading it being that I saw like 20 views and no responses so I'm sure most just glanced said 'f*** that' and didnt read it

finally i see somthing that actually says wat im thinking. i h8 people that play the race card while broadcasting from their mansions. just wrong

good read Nubuis...most appreciated....I think it's somthing we're all thinking....too bad it seems that now days, people only focus on the negative "you didnt do it fast enough" "why cant you do it better?" instead of seeing the good in things. that is one of the major problems in our socity today, and i believe that it is going to get worse as we go. And the funny thing.....theres lots more racist blacks than whites (not making a racist statement) and people dont see that. But anywho, thanks for the article.

Before you posted this I remember i replied to a thread in here about how Al Sharpton is always playing the race card in such ridiculous situations, good read, loved it. Agree with it all. Go you!

Nubius said:
"I'll put a jihad out on YOU"

for ONCE try not to always take something that happened in the US and immediately make a comment on the government...I'll give you a cookie if you can manage to do that.

From everything I saw here, they were getting help as quickly as they could, but the whole shooting people, rioting, looting, raping, insane chaos, some peoples refusal to evacuate and the mayors and governors fleeing without making use of little things like the busses didnt help.....but this crap isn't about that, it's mainly geared towards the dumbasses like sharpton and jesse jackson always pulling the race card in the most ridiculous of times.

Beyond all that kudos to you for actually reading it being that I saw like 20 views and no responses so I'm sure most just glanced said 'f*** that' and didnt read it

Yeah I read it all. And I agree with you.

I just mentioned the goverment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom