Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.
8Mb ADSL Max that syncs at:

Downstream Rate : 8128 Kbps
Upstream Rate : 448 Kbps

With a 30GB peak/300GB off peak cap for £25 a month (~$50 for a direct conversion but that is average here.)

Dude I live in the UK my dad just swaped to SKY broad band and I am lucky if i can connect at all! Yes I am 21 and still live at home for many reasons...

When I can get online We have to pay for the 8meg with no downloads so it is not free as they advertise.

Hahaha, you can all keep complaing.

117 down, next to nothing up. $60 monthly.
cod1 ping to a local server: 2000.

Wow, what is that, an ISDN line?? You would be better off (speed & money wise) with satelite, or even dial up.

Dude I live in the UK my dad just swaped to SKY broad band and I am lucky if i can connect at all! Yes I am 21 and still live at home for many reasons...

When I can get online We have to pay for the 8meg with no downloads so it is not free as they advertise.

Nothing wrong with living at home... Just SAVE your money... I will tell you, I lived at home, and lived pay check to pay check.... then moved out, and managed to afford $900 / month rent... where the heck did that $900 / month go at my parents house.... ? JUNK!!! lol.

FIOS is going everywhere, i had 50mb/10mb but it was getting to ubsurd with the cost, so i downgraded to 15mb/3mb anyone else running fiber?

Yeah, In Finland with 100/40mbps, this ISP will also be the major donator for Eurovision 2007 Helsinki, I'm still afraid of Lordi. HAHA!

I'm jealous of those fiber links. In the UK the most you can get is 24Mbps if you live next to the exchange. Thanks to BT they will not upgrade the cable to fiber so we are stuck on copper wires. NTL/Telewest bankrupt itself installing cable so that is not being upgraded to other locations. On the plus for cable 20Mbps is coming out in the next month and they are trailing 50Mbps.

I'm going to dread next year, living in a boarding house with 4 other guys, plus a family. I won't be able to whore the bandwidth like I do in my own house (I've got a 20 kB/s limit set on all computers but mine :p )

Although it is an urban area, I'd probably get better pings anyway.

IM really jealous of those fiber guys. the most you can get down here is 10mb on cable, our schools have upgraded to fiber at 100mb but i don't know if they will bring that into commercial use any time soon. Luckily the college im gonna go to has 100mb also but on a different line than the public schools.

Where I live you can only get dialup because its in a valley and everyone outside of the vally can get dsl. The speed here can vary sometimes I get 47k but right now its running at 22k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom