Britain is dying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
p0werslave said:
Over the past 3 years, 100,000 + illeagals have come over our border, I think a problem can be solved within a year, but he hasn't done anything to take care of the problem, hell, he doesn't even mention it in press confrences.

Well, if I am not mistaking, the illegal immigrants helped get him elected governor in Texas, plus his state has one of the worst problems with illegal immigrants (not as bad as CA though). He is not going to do away with them. Its either he doesn't care, or he doesn't want to solve the problem.

I believe Bush will go down as being one of the worst presidents of all time. The only reason he got re-elected was the gay marriage scare among the right.

IMO, we haven't had a REAL president since Ronald Reagan (whatever your political views, you have to admit Reagan was an effective president). Clinton was an ok president, who did some good things, but he was more of a "ride the wave" type of president. He got credit for some of the things that were inevitable because of the technology boom, etc.

beedubaya said:
Well, if I am not mistaking, the illegal immigrants helped get him elected governor in Texas, plus his state has one of the worst problems with illegal immigrants (not as bad as CA though). He is not going to do away with them. Its either he doesn't care, or he doesn't want to solve the problem.

I believe Bush will go down as being one of the worst presidents of all time. IMO, we haven't had a REAL president since Ronald Reagan (whatever your political views, you have to admit Reagan was an effective president). Clinton was an ok president, who did some good things, but he was more of a "ride the wave" type of president. He got credit for some of the things that were inevitable because of the technology boom, etc.

Agreed 100% yet again. Ronal Reagan ROCKS!

P.P. Mguire said:
Clinton was awesome, low gas prices, no **** war, and i didnt have to worry about whether or not the Mexicans would take over my **** house.

Like I said, he gets credit for this, but it likely would have unfolded that way with or without him. The 90s was a time of unprecidented boom, the only thing I give Clinton credit for is he was better at diplomacy and better at communicating to the American people.

I hate how Bush has made people think Democrat = gay marriage. Neither Clinton or Kerry were in support of gay marraige, yet Bush won because he scared people into thinking gay marriage would happen nationwide if he wasn't president.

Chankama - 1
PPMguire - 0

:p

I wish in 50 years when the US is still around that I could just appear in front of you people who are set on 100% believing it'll just fall like rome and stab you in the face.

It's all crappy speculation of people who don't know shit.

Not saying we don't have our problems but "I WILL LIVE TO SEE THE FALL OF THE US" give me a break....sounds like my friends jahova cousins who are saying they 'will live to see the end of the world' and 2nd coming and crap.

I just love how threads manage to get onto politics with a bunch of people who can't even vote yet spouting ridiculous opinions but say it in a way that they swear it's set in stone.

Nubius said:
Chankama - 1
PPMguire - 0

I wish in 50 years when the US is still around that I could just appear in front of you people who are set on 100% believing it'll just fall like rome and stab you in the face.

It's all crappy speculation of people who don't know shit.

Not saying we don't have our problems but "I WILL LIVE TO SEE THE FALL OF THE US" give me a break....sounds like my friends jahova cousins who are saying they 'will live to see the end of the world' and 2nd coming and crap.

I just love how threads manage to get onto politics with a bunch of people who can't even vote yet spouting ridiculous opinions but say it in a way that they swear it's set in stone.

Those comments were not needed. Can't you just give your own opinion instead of putting down everybody who doesn't think like you do?

Nubius said:
Chankama - 1
PPMguire - 0

:)

Boom headshot!?

Yeah, I don't think the US would actually "fall" like Russia did back when. But, they definitely need to clean up this mess. The economy just can't support what they are doing, and it doesn't seem like the US will be able to "back away" simply b/c the presidents change.

They've interfered in international affairs for a very long time. Some to my liking and some to not my liking. Either way, they've made a lot of people very angry - culminating in various attacks on the US. And after the recent efforts, the attempts will only get worse. The US has no choice but to spend a lot of money on defense. But, they should try to get this deficit under control. Otherwise, the economy is going to have problems.

Especially with the baby-boom generation getting old. That's a LOT of retirees to support :confused:. Even Greenspan mentioned this a little while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom