Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i2d u shouldnt have got too specific in your last paragraph as may be quite offensive to others. but i cant disagree :rolleyes:

Freedom of speech and nothing offensive, I put it in factual content. its a fact... if someone will get offended by a fact then they have issues... :cool:

Fun fact (all lefty blind people dont like to acknowledge) -

Its not that I/we dont want people from all over the world to come and live here, its that we need to control it! simple.

I am from a mixed background and so is my wife so without immigration we would not exist, but back then it was controlled more and let mine and my wife's family in :cool: however we all hard working people :cool:

My opinion is quite different to other peoples, in that I don't care too much how it affects us in the UK. At the end of the day, if leaving would benefit us a small amount economically, I don't think it's worth it. I think that, as such a well developed country, we have an obligation to stick in the EU and help the other countries that aren't in such a good situation.
If anything, that makes it more likely for the opposite to happen should we ever face difficulties. If we leave the EU, the entire burden of Europe's' economic problems falls to the only remaining "Rich" countries like Germany, and if the countries in the EU start to collapse, we will too, whether we are in there or not, because we still rely on them.

Its my belief that our planet moves forward economically, scientifically, and culturally, if we start working together more. Leaving the EU does the opposite of that to me. But maybe I'm just a hippy ;)

My opinion is quite different to other peoples, in that I don't care too much how it affects us in the UK. At the end of the day, if leaving would benefit us a small amount economically, I don't think it's worth it. I think that, as such a well developed country, we have an obligation to stick in the EU and help the other countries that aren't in such a good situation.
If anything, that makes it more likely for the opposite to happen should we ever face difficulties. If we leave the EU, the entire burden of Europe's' economic problems falls to the only remaining "Rich" countries like Germany, and if the countries in the EU start to collapse, we will too, whether we are in there or not, because we still rely on them.

Its my belief that our planet moves forward economically, scientifically, and culturally, if we start working together more. Leaving the EU does the opposite of that to me. But maybe I'm just a hippy ;)

Then why dont we just create United world and have all countries have a central gov?

No point in having sub groups of the world in your opinion because then your saying, screw anyone not in EU even if they are poor?

So your statement is flawed if you "care about the world", the UK does a lot for EU and non-EU countries so it doesn't matter if we leave but does if we stay.

Then why dont we just create United world and have all countries have a central gov?

No point in having sub groups of the world in your opinion because then your saying, screw anyone not in EU even if they are poor?

So your statement is flawed if you "care about the world", the UK does a lot for EU and non-EU countries so it doesn't matter if we leave but does if we stay.

How on earth did you take "We should start working together more" as "We should start excluding the poor"? I'm not saying we should do less for other countries, I'm saying we should do more. The Greek financial crisis would have been so much worse without the EU there to support them.

And I don't think the world should be governed by one body. I think there should be some form of international body that looks after the best interests of the planet, and that have power to contest with the governments in every country, but I still think those countries should retain autonomy.

I'd love to see how you take this out of context entirely ;)

How on earth did you take "We should start working together more" as "We should start excluding the poor"? I'm not saying we should do less for other countries, I'm saying we should do more. The Greek financial crisis would have been so much worse without the EU there to support them.

And I don't think the world should be governed by one body. I think there should be some form of international body that looks after the best interests of the planet, and that have power to contest with the governments in every country, but I still think those countries should retain autonomy.

I'd love to see how you take this out of context entirely ;)

Good, I agree to your second paragraph,

The issue is I don't think humans will ever truly care for mankind.

We will always pick saving a friend or family member over say a world renouned doctor or engineer.

Anyways, vote out! :cool: let's help ourselves before we help others.

We were blindly "added" into the EU (we never actaully asked to be in the EU) we just joined the Trade agreement.
There was a referendum in 1975. It was successful. That's how we joined the EU.

We'd get to "adjust" the stupid human rights that protect criminals in this country.
I'd argue that preventing the erosion of our human rights is one of the reasons I'm favour of us staying in the EU.

We'd have more control over our finances and stop giving poor EU countries who can not manage the eco bail outs.
I can't disagree there.

Yami - It effect me! I live in London and some places you just arent welcome from the "immgrant community", plus on my road we have the council letting places to romanians who go through everyone's bins, and dumping crap in the back roads... OR to groups of skinhead polish men binge drinking in the parks and getting into fights
This may be true but I don't think leaving the EU would solve any of it.

Well exactly, why not? That's what the eventual goal of having all these conglomerations of countries is, eventually you're going to have a few super countries along the vein of the United States of America, which eventually merge to form one united government. It may or may not happen but peaceful unification of the human race is the rough goal.

Last edited:
Freedom of speech and nothing offensive, I put it in factual content. its a fact... if someone will get offended by a fact then they have issues... :cool:
I could always post the email you sent me that's full of opinion yet I still didn't get offended. The FACT of the matter is, it's a public forum and the internet actually does not fall under free speech on somebody else's owned property. YOU are not the owner, watch your Ps and Qs bud.

Also, this is the exact reason why political topics are frowned upon. Rules should be followed. Everybody has a difference in opinion when it comes to politics and the instant toes start getting stepped is when it gets out of line. The thread should probably be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom