BPA State Competition Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
Well, we went up to Arlingtonn from Wednesday to today (Saturday). It was pretty fun. I brought my comp and we hade a fair sized LAN party. We went to Six Flags Over Texas on Fiday night. The whole place was reserved just for us!:D I went on this extremely high roller coaster called "Titan". I am never going on one of those things again. I got off aching so hard I was stumbling like a drunk all night. Then came the rewards and closing ceremony. We got one person going to Nationals in CA for accounting and a National Alternate in...can't remember. I didn't place, but oh well. I don't plan on taking Computer Network Technology next year. I'll be taking PC Servicing and Troubleshooting, which basically what is discussed on TF. I know more about that than I do networking. I'll also try to join a team event to increase my chances of going to State again next year. 'Tis good to be back.:)

Nice, back when I was in BPA, the only thing they had was network topology and internet design. Wow have they opened up the computer end.

Congrats on making it to state! I didn't make it to nationals till my Junior year, so there's always hope!

Regulus, Congrats! Took a lot of hard work (or a lot of cheating) to make there.

Wow! My daughter is six months older than you. Suddenly, I feel old...

The only competition that I went to in school was the regional math one. I went in Geometry. Really easy for me, since I was in drafting at the time...all angles and arcs and visualization. No computer stuff then.

There were also these open events, where any one can go and take one, two, three, or all four of four tests. I signed up for the IT test. Talk about an easy test. I still had an hour before my event, so I decided to try the FInancial Math and Analysis. Ouch, that was hard. You had to know a bunch of vocab and formulas.

The last time I went to Six Flags was on July 2nd, 1989.

Maybe one of these days I'll go back. Probably take my grandkids...

I want it to be along time for me, too. My daughter is only 16 right now, and plans on going to college straight after HS. So, I'm looking at 6+ years...probably more, since she wants to be a teacher.

She scored a 25 on her first shot on the ACT. No studying, no prep. She's going to take it at least once more, maybe more. She wants SCHOLARSHIPS!!!

I have like 2 scholorships already. One that is for going to these meetings every month, and I get $500 a year, and some other working thing on base for like $300 - $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom