Books you should read thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God...so many good books out there.

Try reading "All Quiet on the Western Front." Amazing book about the Western front in WWI. Anyone who's into the stuff is gonna love it. Read it last year in school. movie is good too.

Oh Crap...mindblock. I'll get back when I go through my decently large library of good books.

Who remembers "Animal Farm?" I'm re-reading that now, back from 7-th grade, lol.

showcover5bj.jpg

Between three different classes I took in college, I was required to read this book from cover to cover (1600+ pages). Of course, I was too lazy, so I didn't, and I didn't really know as much about computers as I thought I did, so a lot of it went over my head. After getting a little more educated, and finally building my first computer, I think I could learn a whole lot more from this book if I ever decided to sit down and read it again (not likely). I have the 14th edition. The author comes out with a new edition each year to keep up with new technology. The book also comes with a DVD that has all the stuff from the older books that he couldn't fit into the new one. The DVD also has some very helpful videos, including a video of what happens when you take the heatsink off the CPU. :)

PS: The author looks like a retard. :)

mueller_scott_c.jpg

Wow, someone else read the wheel of time series. Pretty **** good books, all 11 of them. I love David Baldacci, ken follet and other spy/thriller.

One of the best books ever:
Slaughterhouse 5
kurt vonnegut

Roger Zelazny - the Amber series (first and second). The first one was better, but both are good. Both are fantasy, and are told from a first-person perspective.

Tom Clancy - Anything from Clancy is good. I read up throughthe book where Jack becomes prez. Without Remorse has to be my favorite, though.

Yeah, the Wheel of Time books were pretty good.

Michael Moorcock - the Elric of Melinebone (sp?) series. An albino with a magic sword, Stormbringer, that sucks the soul out of any it touches.

William Gibson - Neuromancer, the book that started it all.

Trotter said:
Tom Clancy - Anything from Clancy is good. I read up throughthe book where Jack becomes prez. Without Remorse has to be my favorite, though.

Thats what I was forgetting! Yea, I read the one about when Jack's son joins that one secret organization that go after terrorists and stab em in the ass with this pen. Sorry, I read it a while ago and don't remember much, not even the name. I'll get back with the name afterwards, I don't know which one is next in the series though, haha, I suck...:eek:

Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler......................kidding...also a canadian friend of mine says that's illegal in canada, to have that book that is...any other canadians confirm that?

Anywho, the 'warrior series' set of books. 5 books from some of the most influential asian thinkers, writers, and obviously warriors. It's sold as a set from a particular translator at amazon.

Hagakure
Book of 5 rings
Art of war
Code of the Warrior
Way of the living sword

"Snot Stew" a book every kid should read.

I can't think of any others right now

Nubius said:
Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler......................kidding...also a canadian friend of mine says that's illegal in canada, to have that book that is...any other canadians confirm that?

Anywho, the 'warrior series' set of books. 5 books from some of the most influential asian thinkers, writers, and obviously warriors. It's sold as a set from a particular translator at amazon.

Hagakure
Book of 5 rings
Art of war
Code of the Warrior
Way of the living sword

"Snot Stew" a book every kid should read.

I can't think of any others right now

I did a book review on Mein Kampf, for school

The Tales of HP Lovecraft (has Cthulhu and At the Mountains of Madness)

The Illustrated Man (Ray Bradbury)

The Stand (Stephen King)

Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoevsky)

The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)

Ender's Game (Orson Scott Card... I think)

Wizard's First Rule (Terry Goodkind)

And

Your motherboard manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom