Books you should read thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
Well, figured I'd start one.. No idea whether this will take off or will get buried in obscurity. :D..

If you guys have come across some excellent books, post away!

I'll start...

Investing book
Title: The neatest little guide to stock market investing
Author: Jason Kelly
Target audience: Anyone
Pre-requisites: None (but wikipedia.org might help at times)
Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0452284732

Title: Cannery Row
Author: John Steinbeck
Target Audience: Eh, it's an easy read but deals with some mature themes
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0140187375/002-3218349-7170445?v=glance&n=283155

It's a very interesting book, quite basic but it has a unique writing style that I'm sure anyone else who's read Steinbeck books knows what I'm talking about

The neatest little guide to stock market investing
lol I've been thinking for the longest time of buying some AMD shares

Ya same here.. :D..

Man there just isn't enough money for regular computer folk. If you get a good job at a good company, you'll rake in like 100-120K a year. But, they make you work like dogs :rolleyes:.. 12 hour shifts aren't too unrealistic. A buddy of mine who works at Amazon pulled a 90 hour week once. :confused:

Stock market is where the money is at man. I missed the tech bubble - that sucked. My Dad wanted to buy a buncha Nortel stocks when they were like 60 cents, but I told him no b/c I thought they were going to go bankrupt :(.. My stupidity.

Anyways, as soon as I find a job, I want to invest like 5% of my paycheck on stocks every month. :D

Chankama said:

Stock market is where the money is at man. I missed the tech bubble - that sucked. My Dad wanted to buy a buncha Nortel stocks when they were like 60 cents, but I told him no b/c I thought they were going to go bankrupt :(.. My stupidity.

You do not want to know how much Nortel stock we had.

Parents were dumb and they did not sell when it was up around 100$. They said it's going to stay up and not go down.

Wrong, it went from 100$ a share to less than 1$ per share. We still have that nortel stock too :amazed:

Man there just isn't enough money for regular computer folk. If you get a good job at a good company, you'll rake in like 100-120K a year. But, they make you work like dogs .. 12 hour shifts aren't too unrealistic. A buddy of mine who works at Amazon pulled a 90 hour week once.
I am in that boat, although, not in computers, but I make pretty good money, but work my ass off for it.

As far as a book, how about a fun book:

John Grisham
The Partner

I usually read either fiction or political books. I don't want this thread to turn political, so I'll post a fiction :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom