Blue ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, stop arguing about spelling and grammar. This isn't an English class.

I also couldn't care less whether BluRay or HD-DVD wins, because I have neither. When one becomes more or less a standard, I may go out and buy a player or drive, depending on my financial status at that given time.
Agreed.

It looks like blue ray is coming out ahead, but I honestly don't care to argue the point.
although blu-ray burners will still be pritty expensive for quite a while...
That kind of annoys me. There is no way a blue ray burner is actually worth the AU$1000 people are charging for it.

The answer to all of your guys' bickering is obvious and apparent. The simple answer is stick to DVD's for now and wait to see what happens.

killians45 said:
k, number one he DID spell neither CORRECTLY...

K M A N said:
Last edited by K M A N : Yesterday at 07:09 PM.

Apokalipse said:
Guys, stop arguing about spelling and grammar. This isn't an English class.

i agree.

TheEnd187 your such a fanboy. i own a ps3 and like it more than the 360 but still... the 360 has its good points (as well as its bad points of course).

anyways this is a thread about blu-ray,
not ps3 vs. 360,
nor hd-dvd vs. blu-ray.

its blu-ray only... :snob: you people are just too caught up in this console war. (K M A N and WorldIndustries)

I believe that the obvious winner is Blue-ray, until of course the release of the HVD (holographic Versatile disc) which will be able to store more than 4 terra bytes of data SINGLE layered. It will be probably released in 8 years from now.

I believe that the obvious winner is Blue-ray, until of course the release of the HVD (holographic Versatile disc) which will be able to store more than 4 terra bytes of data SINGLE layered. It will be probably released in 8 years from now.
I really don't think disks will be the primary way people get movies into their homes 8 years from now.

Even with HD-DVD & Blueray now, I think both could end up with a short life. ED (electronic Distribution) is what will ultimately win.

Even right now, with Comcast, I can get a bunch of movies available On-Demand in HD. Then with the xbox 360, I can also download movies in HD.

With more IPTV services coming out in the next couple of years, and as more and more people have higher bandwidth connections. I don't think we are more than a few years away from ED being the more common way people rent and buy movies.

I really don't think disks will be the primary way people get movies into their homes 8 years from now.

Even with HD-DVD & Blueray now, I think both could end up with a short life. ED (electronic Distribution) is what will ultimately win.

Even right now, with Comcast, I can get a bunch of movies available On-Demand in HD. Then with the xbox 360, I can also download movies in HD.

With more IPTV services coming out in the next couple of years, and as more and more people have higher bandwidth connections. I don't think we are more than a few years away from ED being the more common way people rent and buy movies.

Yes, but Hvd is being developed experiementically since 2005 for Ultra high definition videos with resolutions over 32mpixel almost 7168 X 4136 about 6 Gbps transfer rate and real surround 32.1/32.4. I don't think even then we'll be able to achieve such a connection for so huge live streaming, but we never know.

Yes, but Hvd is being developed experiementically since 2005 for Ultra high definition videos with resolutions over 32mpixel almost 7168 X 4136 about 6 Gbps transfer rate and real surround 32.1/32.4. I don't think even then we'll be able to achieve such a connection for so huge live streaming, but we never know.

Not to mention the equipment. Imagine the type of TV and speaker system required to get full potential of this.

Yeah, but we can now imagine the exhilarating thought of how will it be. Nevertheless, It will surely be released to the market in about 10 years, cause in 2020 it is called that 3D Tv with odour will replace everything like this.

:confused: so why did they sell more because of the ps3? so people thought... "oh! the ps3 has a blu-ray player, lets stock up on as many blu-ray discs as possible no matter what the movie or quality..." is that what your saying?

you spelt 'neither' wrong... maybe you should spend less time on picking up tiny details and spend more time on the actual content of the post (or anything else)

like you said in a previous post, you cannot compare 2 different things. the size of hard drives are growing, but just not as fast as DVDs and the such. compare to 10 years ago, im sure 200/300GB hard drives wont have sold as many as say... 40GB hard drives. discs on the other hand... how long ago was it when we were introduced to DVDs? not that long. and remember, the jump from CDs (VCDs were used to watch movies) to DVDs were pritty big as well, 700mb to 4.7gb... about 7x bigger, DVD to blu-ray is only about 5x bigger.
my point is, hard drives have a slower growth rate than movie discs.

so why did you call TheEnd187 a 'typical ps3' fan? just because he was supporting the blu-ray with relavent facts and state his own opinion you just assume that he's a ps3 fan?

in many people's eyes, blu-ray has won. (note, these are just opinions, dont take them too seriously) and to be honest, i believe so to. the fact is, blu-ray are simply larger (and faster according to that guy) versions of the HD-DVD. They're not even that expensive, only a couple of £ more than normal DVDs.

your welcome. :happy:

Erm... no i didnt spell neither wrong. Lol. Anyway to the point i think that Blu-Ray will win, But it has not won yet.

And lmao ! TheEnd is such a PS3 fan its unbeleivable.

Denon? Are you serious? Denon is definitely not the greatest... by far

#1 There are no spaces between the end of the sentence and a question mark. Learn English. I fixed it for you in the quote

#2 Who wouldn't kick bose out the window? If you are going to study sound/audio, you have to be teachable and not just throw around information. Research before you speak.

#1 Ive not even taken English GCSE's yet, or A Levels, im 13 :). :D

#2 I know Bose sucks, but i didnt understand him.

#4 Denon arn't bad at all. True, There a long shot from the best, but there an even longer shot from the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom